Chapter 14

Hugo, Sookie, and I pulled up to the church and was met with Sarah Newlin

Hugo, Sookie, and I pulled up to the church and was met with Sarah Newlin. Hugo didn't sit right with me. He stayed quiet as Isabel explained his part to us. It was weird.

"You know in person, she looks like vanilla pudding." Sookie said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hi there!" She said as we were getting out of the sar. "I just happened to be looking out the window as you all were driving up, and thought, I'd come on out and greet you myself." She was lying and I grabbed onto Sookie's arm to tell her something was off.

"It's ok." She whispered to me as we walked over to her.

"I'm Sarah Newlin. And you all are?"

"Hi, Holly Simpson. I can not believe I'm actually meeting you in person. You are cute as a button." Sookie said before Hugo could say anything.

"Well thank you Holly. And you're like a cool breeze on a hot summer day."

"Quit."

"And you two are?"

"Oh silly me, this is my sister, Taylor, and my fiance, Rufus Dobson. I love saying that word. In fact, somtimes, I love it so much, I don't even wanna get married just so I can keep on calling him it. But we're going to. Get married that is. Which is why we're looking for a church."

"Well excellent. And I'm pleased to meet you too Rufus, and Taylor."

"Well it's an honor." Hugo said and I smiled at her.

"The honors mine. Now how about you all follow me in and we'll see if Steve's available. I'm sure he'd love to meet you all."

"For real? Reverend Newlin himself? Oh that would be just super." Sookie said.

"Well come on." We followed her inside.

"I thought you were gonna let me do all the talking?" Hugo asked Sookie.

"When I get nervous, some times I talk to much."

"We were in Steve Newlin's office and Sookie and Hugo were talking about their 'relationship' and such. I was focusing on anything that would help, Sookie was listening into them while I was waiting for anything of use.

"Funny thing is, Rufus and I met in church, but we all left like a month later when we realized our pastor was a little iffy." Sookie said.

"He was a homosexual." Steve said.

"We don't know that he may have that too, but what became all too clear was that he was a, sympathizer."

"See that really ticks me off. I mean how can you claim to be a God loving person, and then love something God detests?" Because God said love thy neighbor.

"It's upsetting." Sookie said.

"It is. It is upsetting." Hugo said and grabbed Sookie's hand. "But that why my fiancée and I are here. We wanna make this our new home."