Chapter 20

I woke up a bit disorentented, but I was ok. Matthew assured me that everything went well and that I was welcome to call him with any questions. He set me off with vitamins to take and such for the first month, after that I had to get my own. I would feel some cramping but that was normal. Once I was able to drive home I arrived at Fangtasia the same time my sister and Jessica did.

"Any news one Bill?" I asked her walking up to the door with her.

"Hopefully Eric can help with this."

Once inside Sookie and Jessica explained they found the car that Bill was held in, crashed off the road, and men with a symbol branded to their skin.

"It stands for Operation Werewolf." Sookie said, Some kind of secret Nazi commando force from World War 2."

"And you found this branded on a dead man's neck?" Eric asked.

"Bill summoned Jessica there. I think he was trying to show us who kidnapped him."

"Yeah Nazi werewolves." Jessica said.

"That dead guy, was strong and fast enough to take BIll. He had to be something supernatural. I was hoping you could tell us more."

"Never seen it before. Sorry." He was lying.

"Why do I get the feeling you're blowing me off?" Eric spoke to Pam in swedish and she took Jessica to the back.

"Here's what I know about werewolves." Eric started and I came closer, to hear better. "There's a reason their existance has remained a mere myth to humans for thousands of years. They're territorial, vicious, pathologically secretive."

"Boy does that sound fimilar." Sookie said.

"You want help?" I snapped at her.

"And here's what I know about you." Eric said and leaned on a table, closer to my sister. "You're so blinded by your obsession with Bill Compton you're likely to run through the streets screaming werewolf bait, alearting whoever has Bill that we're onto them or getting yourself killed. And knowing you and your sister, she'll follow and suffer the same, to which I won't allow."

"You think I'm that stupid?"

"No, I think you're human."

"Don't underestimate me."

"Don't underestimate yourself." Eric snapped at her. "Your life's too valuable to throw away, and I care far to much for your sister to allow harm to come to her." Eric then went and sat down, and Sookie followed. "You have no connections in the were community. They're not gonna answer your questions because they don't even want you to know they exist."

"Bill's out there somewhere in danger. I can't go wth life like that's not happening. You know that, better than anyone. When Godric went missing-"

"Bill Compton is no Godric."

"But he's everything to me." Sookie started to cry a bit.

"Please don't do that." Eric said and I felt myself start tearing up looking at my sister. Eric looked at me and got more uncomfortable. "This makes me feel disturbingly human."

"I risked my life to help you find Godric, my own sister was badly hurt, and I don't expect you to do the same for Bill but at the very least, I hope you'll help me if you can." Jessica came out and the two left before dawn. I went to grab my bag and head home, I haven't really been there much and I was tired.

"Where are you going?" Eric asked and was in front of my suddenly.

"Home. I'm just really tired." I looked down, suddenly feeling guilty.