Chapter 7

A.N- There is a trigger warning in this chapter and I apologize for that. There is a 2nd one at the end of the chapter as well with more explanations.

The next day I woke up at home in my room. I looked out the window and the sun was shinning. I heard my phone ring and it was a number I didn't know. I answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Good morning Angel."

"Eric? How did you get my number? And why are you calling me during the day?"

"You fell asleep after I called Bill last night. I helped myself to your phone and got your number. Bill mentioned your grandmother's funeral was today. I wanted to check in on you."

"Well that was thoughtful of you?" I was confused as to why he was being so nice to me lately. "I'm as good as I can be, all things considered."

"I understand. If you ever need to feel safe again, like last night, you are welcome here."

"Thank you Eric. I have to get ready, and I'm sure you need to sleep so."

"Of course. Maybe I'll see you again tonight?"

"Is that you asking me to?" He let out a small chuckle.

"I guess so. That killer is still out there. Wouldn't want someone like you being next." I let out a sigh. Just had to be a dick as always.

"I'll think about it." Then I hung up on him.

Before getting dressed I went downstairs to get some breakfast. Sookie was at the table, a cup of coffee in her hands. I grabbed myself a cup and sat across from her.

"You went to Fangtasia last night?" She asked me and I looked up at her from my cup.

"I did."

"To see Eric?"

"It's not like that Sookie. I went there because when I'm around Eric I get this strong sense of safety and I, I just wanted to feel safe if only for a few minutes."

"You don't feel safe here?"

"I didn't yesterday. Not with everyone here, and the, the negative emotions all over. Jason, you, Tara, it was all just... It was just too much for 24 hours."

"It's ok. I get it. After hearing everyone's thoughts yesterday I snapped."

"I felt it. Just being in this house made me feel so sick on top of it that I just had to go."

"Why does Eric make you feel safe?"

"I don't know. You can pick through my brain but I honestly don't. I just do."

"Did you have to get drunk last night though? And tell you wanted to have sex with him?" She asked me trying not to laugh at me.

"Hey first of all, he's not ugly ok? Secondly, I did not tell him I wanted to have sex with him. His words, not mine." I looked down at my coffee thinking about last night though. "I did want to kiss him."

"You did?"

"I was drunk Sookie, and looking for something to take my mind off all this shit."

"Well let's get through today with a brave face, and then afterwards, we'll take this one day at a time." I nodded my head and we soon went off to get ready for our final goodbyes.

" I nodded my head and we soon went off to get ready for our final goodbyes