Chapter 39: It won't stop

Jennie's POV

We are sitting on the waiting chairs outside the operating room where Chaeyoung is at the moment. I turn to Jisoo who was standing right outside the door leading to the room, she hasn't moved since we arrived and it's been 2 hours now .... and her eyes are blank, she is there waiting for the results but I can see that her thoughts were not among us, ....

I heaved a sigh and looked in front of me, Nayeon unnie is in front of me, she also had a blank stare, all kinds of things had to go through her head, as we all did, my eyes turned away from her to finish on Sana who was crying silently on the shoulders of Tzuyu who is trying somehow to calm her down. I looked away from them again and my eyes landed on Lisa a few away steps from us with Jeongyeon, Jimin and Seulgi who were talking to the police .... me? I don't even have the strength to cry anymore ...

When we were still at the amusement park, I knew well that something serious had happened when Jisoo called me and that when I picked up, it was that voice full of panic that I could hear .... we all immediatly rushed there and my heart broke into a thousand pieces when I saw Chaeyoung who seemed lifeless in the arms of Jisoo who was screaming almost suffocating with Chaeyoung's blood all over her clothes.

- "Hey, are you okay?" -Lisa arrived with the others, they all took a place on the chairs and when Jeongyeon came to sit near Nayeon the latter immediately started to cry and Jeongyeon hugged her tightly.

- "Right now, I'm anything but good ... how can something like this happen? And especially on my sister's birthday? It's unfair ...." - I sighed and looked at Lisa tears in my eyes. - "Who can do such a thing to Chaeyoung? She never did anything wrong ..."

Lisa sighed and patted my back gently as a kind of comfort ... she sat closer and put her head above mine and hugged me while whispering to me that everything will be fine.

- "We are going to find this bastard I promise you but for now we have to stay strong for Chaeyoung and for Jisoo ... she seems strong at the moment to stand in front of this door without crying but basically she needs us be there for her"

- "But I find it weird ... according to Jisoo, she was the one they wanted to kill but they shot Chaeyoung because she protected Jisoo, so why didn't they finish the job? By job I mean ... why didn't they shoot Jisoo? If she was really their target" - Jimin asked thoughtfully.

-"the only answer is that Jisoo wasn't their target..." -Lisa spoke and I pulled out from the hug to look at her who looked down at me with a serious expression. -"I don't know if the one that I am thinking is the one but i know why... they wanted that someone to get angry and lost, it's a warning"

-"it's you, isn't it?" -Jeongyeon asked and we stayed silent. Lisa sighed and nodded and my eyes widen in shock...

-"I talked about it with Seulgi" -Lisa looked at Seulgi and the latter nodded.

-"But we aren't yet sure about it"

-"so assholes want your death?" -Nayeon asked while sniffling. Lisa nodded and held my hand tightly.

-"they are crazy" -Nayeon huffed and wipped her tears using Jeongyeon's sleeve and the latter didn't say anything but just let her girlfriend. Lisa look up at her with surprised stare.

-"what? Tch..from the look on your face... you excepted us to be angry at you?" -Nayeon asked and Lisa glupped then looked away. -"woaaaaah where's the trust Manoban? It's not your fault... it's their fault. Not yours"

I looked at Lisa and she has a small smile of relief. She looks up at Nayeon again and smiled tenderly. Just at the moment... the door leading to the operator room openned and we all stood up and looked at the doctor who was now infront of Jisoo, we approached and listenned to him. Please Lord.....