one ; 01

"Whenever I close my eyes, I picture you there, I'm looking out at the crowd,
you're everywhere."

Back For You — One Direction

_________________________

2017

"He's cute," my best friend chirps, winking at me after studying the picture I showed her on my phone. "Your type too!"

I roll my eyes, "And what exactly is my type?"

"Dark hair, lean body, mysterious, bad boy personality, guarded, the guy that's a dick to everyone but you," She recites, almost as if practiced.

I guffaw. "Uh! No!"

"Think of all your exes and crushes, Ariel. There's a definite pattern."

I ponder for a moment. She was right. But I wasn't gonna admit that.

Skye was my best friend since I was 13. She was a pretty Australian born young lady, with midnight black curly hair that fell over her shoulders and pretty green eyes. She has a somewhat small frame, but god blessed her with a huge set of boobs but with little to no butt. Ah, life works in cruel ways.

Compared to Skye, I was pretty average. I sported chocolate brown thick hair that refuses to be tamed, hazel eyes and a body that's not quite skinny or fat, "the perfect middle" as my mom likes to call it.

I was born in London, but my parents decided to ship me and my older brother here, to New York to grow up. I really love the UK and my goal is to go back there for college.

"He fits the physical description but we don't know his personality," I say, looking at the picture again.

It was a mirror selfie, one of the hottest ones I've seen. The picture had a black and white filter, which made it 10 times more hotter.

His messy hair sat perfectly on his head, looking thick and soft as ever. His fair skin contrasted against the black background, his jawline looking sharp enough to slice meat. His eyes were lighter, so I'm assuming it's blue, grey or green. His white iPhone 11 completed the whole dark vibe of the photo.

"I don't know, he gives off that vibe. Why don't you slide?" She asks, popping her bubblegum.

"Erm, I don't know—"

"Nuh-uh," Skye interrupts. "Come on,"

I made a face at her. Usually I'm the rebellious one pushing her to do stuff she's hesitant to do — because she's hesitant to do almost everything. Seems like today is opposite day.

"Maybe later, right now I'm sleepy," I yawn.

"Shut up, stay up with me," She smacks my cheek.

"Ow!"

"It wasn't even that hard," she huffs. "Anyway, tell me about Hayden,"

"Uhm, nothing much to tell, like I told
you, he's a friend of Mia's." I say. "He texted me, straight up a few weeks ago. But, I don't think anything more will happen? I can't figure out if I like him or not yet."

I sigh.

Boy stuff is exhausting.

"Hm well. He's super cute and he's really nice, let's see where it goes," Skye responds.