eighteen ; 18

"Sometimes when I miss you, I put those records on, whoa,
Someone said you had your tattoo removed,"

The One That Got Away — Katy Perry

____________________________

"Did you pick what you're wearing?" Blair asks.

We had separated to each our houses to change. Blair had come with me and Aiden because she wanted to borrow an outfit of mine.

"Yeah." I dig through my suitcase and pull out the three piece outfit. A sheer white see through top with small flowers embroidered on it, and underneath it, a pretty white bralette. I pair the top with light washed high waisted jeans that had a huge rip on the knee, a black belt and my white chunky heels.

"Fuck that's gonna look smashing

"Fuck that's gonna look smashing." Blair says, smiling.

"Thanks love," I say. "What kinda outfit do you want?"

"A comfy dress would be fine."

I pick out a simple navy blue satin dress that was fit to size with a sweetheart neckline. Blair pulled it on, and it hugged her body perfectly.

We did our hair and makeup, and grab our necessities and head downstairs.

"Where's Aiden?" Blair asks, poking her head into the living room to find it empty.

My mom was working the night shift, Grey was at a friend's and Gran was at her weekly bingo night.

"You go start the car, I'll check the kitchen." I say, and toss her the keys.

She nods and walks out the door.

I walk to the kitchen, and Aiden was standing by the fridge, his back to me.

I take a breath, taking this opportunity to examine him.

He wore a grey turtle-neck sweater underneath a crisp white hooded jacket, khaki pants and his usual white high tops on his feet. He had a white beanie on his head.

He took my breath away, like always.

"Aiden?" I spoke softly, careful not to scare him.

He turns around, a water bottle to his lips. His eyes widen slightly as his eyes wander from my head to my feet, and he lowers the water bottle.

"Ariel," He breathes out, licking his lips. "Y-you look absolutely gorgeous."

Blood rushes to my cheeks and I felt my whole body tingle. "Thank you."