five ; 05

"Lately, I've been going crazy,
So I'm coming back for you."

Back For You — One Direction

___________________________

The thump of the bass of the DJ's music echoes in my ears, as I blink repeatedly, trying to comprehend what was happening.

Aiden. He was here.

He was still casually leaning against the rock, his shoulders and posture nonchalant, and he made no move to smile, wave, come over to me or any other form of acknowledgement.

And that pissed me off.

Mad or not, I couldn't deny that he looks great. His best features that I always saw in pictures, the pink lips, high cheekbones and pearly white teeth, all of it, right there in person.

I push away my thoughts and let out a breath angrily, hardening my features into a glare. Clenching my jaw, I glare at him for a good few seconds before looking away.

To my luck, Danielle steps out right on time.

"Let's go," I comment, grabbing her hand. I steer her towards Aiden and his friends, making sure to walk by them not too close, but enough for him to see me fully with my head held high and my eyes straight forward. I felt his eyes on me until I disappear into the crowd.

We find our friend group by one of the alcohol stalls, and I ask the bartender for a iced coke before plopping onto a stool next to Skye.

She turns to me, clutching a red bull between her hands. "What's up? You look pissed," She studies me, and I huff in response.

"Guess who I just saw,"

"Umm," She ponders for a second, frowning. "I don't know, you tell me,"

"Aiden," I comment as the bartender slides me my drink.

Skye blinks, and frowns. "Aiden? Where?"

"By the porta potties. He was just standing there a few feet away, looking at me. He didn't bother to try wave or come over and talk to me or anything. Like we were just strangers," I chuckle bitterly, sipping my coke.

"Maybe he didn't recognize you?"

"Oh he recognized me," I roll my eyes. "He looked straight to me. He knew it was me."

Skye sighs. "I don't know what's up with that boy, girl,"

"Me either," I finish my drink, sobering up some more.

"Fuck him, even if he comes back, block his ass," Skye tells me, and I nod.

"Oh yeah, don't worry about that."

• • •

2 years later
( Sophomore year of college in UK )

"Here's your raspberry black current," The barista speaks in her pretty British accent, smiling at me. "That will be £2.95,"

I slide the money over to her and she hands me the ice cold cup. "Thank you, have a great day,"

I grin back at her. "You too,"

As I walk out of Starbucks into the cool London air, my phone buzzes. I pause to take my phone out.

My heart aches when I see the screen.

From Hayden:
Ariel.. i'm just checking in. are u okay?