twenty seven ; 27

"From the day that I met you,
I knew that I would love you
'til the day I die,
And I will never want much more,
In my heart I will always be sure,
I will never forget you."

Never Forget You — Zara Larsson

_______________________________

"Incoming!" I hear Noah's voice holler, and I spin around on my heel to see Blair racing towards me down the hallway of our university.

People were giving her weird looks and stumbling out of her way as she launches herself into my arms, almost knocking me over.

Her legs wrap around my waist and she hugs me tightly, and I hug her back just as tight.

"Blair!" I laugh, setting my best friend down just as Noah approaches us.

"I fucking missed you, bitch." She whines, smacking a kiss on my cheek.

"I was gone for the weekend." I laugh. Last week me and Danielle decided to go visit Sawyer in Bristol, since we haven't seen him since we got back from NYC back in December.

"I don't care." She huffs dramatically, and steps aside to let Noah embrace me.

"Please don't ever leave again. I can't handle her alone." Noah whispers in my ear as he hugs me and I chuckle.

"I heard that." Blair glares at Noah, who grins sheepishly at her. We begin walking towards the car park, side by side.

"There's a party tonight. Wanna pop by?" Noah asks.

Blair groans. "I'm all for parties, but it's a Monday night and junior year is kicking my ass. I need to be sane for tomorrow's classes."

"Sleepover?" I suggest. "My place?"

As expected, my friends immediately give in.

We pile into my car, and set off to each of their apartments so they can pick up overnight clothes. Even though Noah owned a car as well, the three of us always carpooled unless one of us had somewhere else to be. It's been that way since freshman year.

We make it back to my apartment, armed with snacks, a bottle of vodka and sprite.

Changing into comfy clothes, we settle down on the couch, the three of us sharing a blanket.

"So." I speak up, after Noah starts up Netflix.
"Hayden called."

My two best friends snap their heads in my direction, listening attentively.

"Hold on, I need vodka to listen to this story." Blair says, and Noah and I laugh as she reaches over and pours vodka with sprite into glasses, handing one to both of us before settling back down with a glass of her own.

"Go on." She urges.

"Well, I called him." I correct. "He texted me saying his dad was getting worse, and I called him. We talked for awhile. Is it... is it okay that I did that?"

Blair and Noah stay silent, probably trying to come up with responses.

"I mean, exes can casually talk right? No biggie." Noah shrugs, and Blair nods in agreement.

"Specially exes that are oceans away from you." She adds, and I let out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah, totally." I reply, taking a long swig of my drink, feeling the vodka burn my throat a little.

I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince them, or myself.

•     •     •

Danielle hums in pleasure as she slurps on her iced coffee. "Call me a basic white girl, but Starbucks is god's gift to college students."

"I second that." I laugh, as we walk down the street. The city of London was bustling around us, lively and energetic as always.

"How's Aiden?" She asks me, and I smile.

"We're good. It's nice with him."

"Are you guys casually dating or—" She trails off, and I shrug.

"I mean, I guess so. Nothing too serious but nothing too casual." I reply.

"How many times have you gotten down and dirty?" Danielle wiggles her eyebrows at me and I laugh.

"Like, a few times. Not too much."

"I can't believe you guys had sex for the first time in my family's lakehouse."

I roll my eyes, grinning. "Well, what can I say?"

"You seem happy, Ariel. I'm glad Aiden's taking good care of you." Danielle smiles, reaching over and holding my hand.

I squeeze her hand in response. "Me too."

_____________________________________

hi my loves!

sorry for the short chapter, i just wanted Ariel to have some quality time with her friends, because friends are as equally important as significant other's :)❤️

and, just dropping by to let you guys know there will be two time jumps in the coming chapters. i've only planned thirty chapters for this book, so we're nearing the end 🥺

we're almost at 2,000 reads whattt! 😩 thank you for your tremendous support, keep voting and commenting!

oh, and prepare yourself for a plot twist of a lifetime. i think we've had enough fluff ;)

all my love,
A 💕