thirty ; 30 - 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"Under heavy skies in the rain,
You're dancing in your bare feet,
Just like we're in a movie,
Grab my hand and we're chasing the train,
I catch you looking back at me,
Running through a cloud of steam."

Lights Down Low — MAX

✦ 𝗘 𝗣 𝗜 𝗟 𝗢 𝗚 𝗨 𝗘  ✦

• 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 & 𝐬𝐢𝐱 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 •

"No fucking way!" Noah groans, pouting as the bowling ball skids across the lane and falls into the gutter.

"Loser," I giggle at Noah's pouting face as Blair does a little happy dance before picking up a ball herself, because it was her turn.

Noah's misery only grows when Blair successfully manages to knock half of the pins down.

"You just have beginner's luck." He grumbles, plopping down on the metal seats that was provided for our bowling lane.

"I still can't believe you've never bowled before." I shake my head at Blair, who gives me a shrug before turning back to complete her turn.

I was about to tease Noah abit more when I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist, pulling me against a familiar body and a pair of lips press against my neck.

A smile immediately takes over my lips as I turn around and look up into Hayden's gorgeous eyes.

"Hi." I say, as he kisses my cheek.

"Hello baby," He smiles down at me before turning his attention to Noah. "Mate, tough luck?"

Noah scowls. "Bowling sucks."

"You're such a sore loser, dimwit." Blair comments, brushing her hands against her jeans. "But let's get out of here. Our turn's over," She pauses to point to the scoreboard, which indicated me as first place, Blair at second, and Noah as last. "I want some ice cream."

"Now that, I'm good at. Eating ice cream." Noah cheers, and gets to his feet before following Blair towards the exit.

"Come on," Hayden laughs, grabbing my hand and we walk outside.

It was nearing midnight, but the London city was still alive as ever. The chilly air wraps around me as we begin walking down the busy street towards our favourite ice cream parlour. Hayden pulls me to his side, and we walk behind Noah and Blair who were bickering about something.

"Hey, where's your ring?" Hayden asks, pouting a little when he doesn't see it on my finger.

"Oh! I took it off because I didn't want to risk damaging it during bowling." I say, and fish the engagement ring out of my coat pocket, slipping it on.

I take a second to admire the simple, yet elegant oval shaped diamond that glinted beautifully under the street lights. The feel of the ring sliding on to my finger brings back the memories of how it felt when Hayden first did it when he proposed to me six months ago, a day after my university graduation. He'd taken me to a cliff by the beach, decorated it with fairy lights and he proposed, and the rest of the night was spent laying under the stars and eating Hayden's signature meal of homemade lasagne. It was perfect.