eight ; 08

"Cause even though every night you'll know, what I'll say... goodbye,"

Back For You — One Direction

____________________________

"Hi Mum," I smile at my phone screen, sitting on the couch and tucking my legs underneath me.

After getting back from Aiden's this morning, I took a much needed bath, a nap, and finished off some uni work. It was now around 7pm, and I was in my pajamas waiting for Blair to come over.

"Hey honey," She smiles, and I felt a pang of sadness. I missed her so much.

"I miss you mum," I say, pouting.

"We miss you too baby, you're coming back for Christmas yes?" She asks, setting her phone upright against something on the kitchen counter and sitting on one of the stools.

"Yes mum, hopefully I can get off from work."

"How is work going? And university?"

"Good, I have finals coming up," I tell her, pulling the sleeves of my hoodie over my fingers.

"You better be studying love," She gives me a pointed look and I laugh. Since I was a kid, I could never bring myself to sit down in one place and study. It was the toughest thing ever.

"Yes Mum," I assure her. "Where's Grey and Gramma?"

"They went to get groceries, I'll ask them to FaceTime you tomorrow," She tells me and I nod.

My doorbell rang, and I took my phone with me when I went to open the door. Blair saunters in, kissing my cheek in greeting, her overnight bag in tow.

"Who is it?" My mum asks and I lift the phone, holding it at arms distance to show who it was.

"It's Blair," I say and Blair grins at the camera, waving her hand.

"Hi Ms Scott," Blair greets, using my moms maiden name as she wasn't with my dad anymore to use Winter.

"Hello love, how's it going?" My mum replies, smiling back. Blair and my mom exchange a few words before my mum says that she needs to start making lunch and hangs up.

I slide my phone into my pocket as Blair plops down on the sofa.

"Sit, Ariel Winters." She instructs, pointing to the spot next to her and I oblige.

"Now spill."

I explain everything to her, from how I met Aiden and how he constantly kept disappearing on me back then, how we met at that festival but never spoke again. I told her about last night, and this morning.

"Girl are you okay? How are you feeling now?" Blair asks, concern washing over her.

"I'm okay, Aiden had given me some over the counter allergy pills last night,"

"Damn," She whistles, "He sure did a good job taking care of you,"

"I know," I sigh, playing with my fingers. "He did."