two ; 02

"I'm watching you from the stage, yeah
You're smile is on every face now."

Back For You — One Direction

_________________________

"Mum," I spoke as she walked into the kitchen. "Where's Gray?"

"Your brother is out with his friends," she replies, shooting me a tired smile and taking a seat at the island, pouring herself a wine glass.

People say me and my mum are like photocopies. She also had the same chocolate colored hair that I had, brown eyes, fair skin and a curvy body. My mom was beautiful beyond words and I couldn't be prouder.

"Did you call Dad?" She asks me and I internally groan.

My parents split up when I was 16. They had problems ever since I was a child, and it
affected my childhood heavily. It was nasty, with so many fights and arguments. When my mom finally asked for divorce, my dad moved out to an apartment a few miles away from us. It was just me, her and my brother for awhile until a few months later, my grandma moved in with us after grandpa passed away.

My dad was a tough person to handle. I love him and he takes care of me and Gray, but he isn't really a people person. He has a short temper and a stubborn personality that's unpredictable, and I guess that played a huge role in my parent's divorce.

My mom makes me and my brother call him often to check up on him, but I usually dread doing that, because sometimes he's in one his moods because of work and god knows what else when I call, and he ends up annoyed with me for no reason.

"Ariel what have I told you—" My mum starts her usual lecture of 'he's your father, you should talk to him blah blah' but I cut her off.

"Mum, I know. I'll call him,"

"Lay off the poor child, Meredith," My grandma says, appearing next to me and patting my shoulder. I smile.

When my mom and I fight or have a disagreement, I always have grandma for backup. She's so supportive and she understands me. I love her to death.

My mom sighs and sips her wine. She seems tired, and I felt a little guilty.

My grandma leaves my side to sit next to my mom and talk to her about something. I was about to join their conversation when my phone pings, and I pick it up.

> Snapchat from Aiden.

I click on the notification. The screen loads and my jaw drops.

Holy shit, he is gorgeous.

I have seen him before, but not like this. He looks like he got right out of the shower, his raven black hair wet and messy, pink plump lips that look kissable as fuck, and his high cheekbones glinting. His tongue was lightly hanging out, his eye closed in a wink.

"heyy pretty" the snap read.

I felt my cheeks flush, and my heart swoon. But I caught myself. I barely knew much about him, and god knows how many girls he sent this exact snap to?

I open the snapchat camera and click a quick selfie of myself with a cute filter and typed "hii, sup?" on it in response and clicked send.

"Mum, thanksgiving is in a few months, are we having dad over?" I suddenly remember, placing my phone down.

"I think so honey, we are family after all." She responds and Gran agrees.

I nod, fair enough.