ten ; 10

"Lately, I've been going crazy,
So I'm coming back for you."

Back For You — One Direction

____________________________

"Aiden," I breathe out, my hands instinctively placing on his biceps. He was only wearing plain black swim trunks. My heart hammers against my ribcage, my belly doing little flips. Aiden's hands were gently gripping my bare waist, and my chest was pressed up against his, our wet, bare skin sticking together.

Everything around me, the lake, the fire, the people got lost in a blur. It's almost as if his touch was drugging me, dragging me away from reality.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his face so close to mine that his breath fanned my lips as he spoke.

"Y-yeah." I manage to say, my brain short circuiting from the way his fingers grip my waist, the way his eyes bore down to mine, and the way his body was pressed against me.

It was all beautifully overwhelming.

His dark hair was wet, laying flat against his forehead. Aqua blue eyes peering down at me through the few strands of hair that hung over his eyes, and the moon light illuminating his pale skin gorgeously. The drops of water that slid down his body twinkle like gems under the light from the moon. He looked like something out of a movie.

I felt a bead of water drip down my nose onto my lips, and it catches Aiden's attention, making his gaze flicker from my eyes to my lips.

My breath hitches in my throat as I watch his teeth appear, biting down on his lower lip and his gaze focused on my lips. One of his hands leave my waist, coming up to brush a strand of wet hair off of my face.

His eyes meet mine again, and my heart races. I was feeling alot of things, too many things, that I wasn't supposed to.

A guy's cheer at something in the distance snaps us back to reality, and Aiden takes a small step back, removing his hands from my body.

I suddenly felt cold, and unsafe.

"Come on." He touches my arm gently, gesturing towards the shore with his head. I nod silently, following him out of the water.

I felt Aiden's eyes on me as I wrung my wet hair out before pulling on my coverup.

"I like your swimsuit." He comments, and I shoot him a shy smile, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Thank you."

"Ariel! Where have you—" Danielle appears, her words cutting off when she sees Aiden.

Her eyes grow wide, eyebrows shooting up in surprise. "Is that— Aiden?"

"Y-yeah." I mumble, rubbing my arms, feeling cold.

"Hi, I'm Danielle," She stretches her hand out to Aiden, who gives it a small shake with a smile, greeting her back.

"People from your university are here as well?" Danielle asks as the three of us walk towards the bonfire, sitting down on the flat long rocks placed around it.