nineteen ; 19

"Saw you downtown, singing the blues,
It's time to face the music, I'm no longer your muse."

The One That Got Away — Katy Perry

____________________________

My phone vibrating under my pillow drags me out of my sleep.

I groan softly to myself, fishing for my phone and squinting at the screen.

>Aiden:
are u up?

I glance at the time on the top corner. 3:00am.

>Me:
i am now

>Aiden:
i didn't mean to wake u :( i'm sorry

>Me:
it's alright x

>Aiden:
i can't sleep.

>Me:
u can come over here if you'd like we can do something

A few seconds pass and I didn't get a response. I assume that he'd fallen asleep or his phone died, so I push my phone back under my pillow and close my eyes.

I almost jump out of my skin when I hear the door clicking open. I sit up abruptly, to see Aiden slowly closing the door behind him.

My dim purple fairy lights that were hung above my bed illuminated the room just enough for me to see him walk over to the bed.

I lay back down on my bed, and as he climbed in next to me, I saw that he was shirtless. My stomach did a little flip at the sight of his toned chest and abdomen.

"Hi."

"Hi." I mumble, giving him a sleepy smile as I turn to my side to face him.

"I'm sorry for waking you up." He says, lifting his hand to tuck a stray bang of hair behind my ear.

"It's okay." I whisper.

"We didn't really get to hang out much the past few days." He says, jutting his bottom lip out slightly in a soft pout.

It's been three days since our night out, and the very next day I left to go stay with my dad for two days. While I was gone, Danielle, Sawyer, Sam and Dylan took Aiden, Blair and Noah around New York for more sightseeing.

I got back home today late in the evening.

"I know. I'm here now." I say.

"I'm glad." He smiles softly, and my heart does a little tap dance at his pretty smile.

We fall into a comfortable silence, and the silver chain around his neck catches my attention. I slowly reach up and gently entangle my fingers in it, playing with it. I felt his eyes looking down on me, his breath fanning my forehead.

I let out a soft yawn, stifling it with the back of my hand.

"Do you want to sleep?" I hear him say. I nod my head yes, before snuggling closer to him, resting my cheek against his chest, my head under his chin.