nine ; 09

"Baby, you don't have to worry,
I'll be coming back for you, back for you,"

Back For You — One Direction

____________________________

I wake up to the sound of a laughing track.

I try to shift, but there was something on top of my legs that made it hard for me to move.

I will my eyes to open, and when they do, I immediately squeeze them shut at the sudden brightness. Blinking slowly, I open my eyes to see the telly in front of me still playing Friends. The empty chardonnay bottle and Chinese takeaway boxes sat on the coffee table.

I groan softly, feeling my neck throb from falling asleep with my head on the armrest.

A small huff makes me snap my head sideways, and my heart does a double take when I see Aiden, fast asleep resting his head on the armrest on the other side of the couch, his legs intertwined with mine under the blanket I fetched from my bedroom sometime last night.

His raven black hair lay flat against his forehead, thick, long eyelashes resting against his pale skin. His hair, black as night, contrasted his milky skin, and I found that ten times more attractive for some reason.

We must have fallen asleep after finishing the chardonnay.

I rub the sleep out of my eyes, slowly trying to retract my legs from his without waking him up. My mission fails when I tug my leg a little too hard, and he stirs a little, and I watch as his eyes flutter open.

He squints at me in confusion before realization hits him. He sits up, untangling our legs. "Ariel?"

"Good morning, Aiden."

"What—what happened?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

I shrug. "We fell asleep, I guess."

"Oh." Aiden blinks at me. "I'm sorry, I—"

"It's okay," I reassure him. "Would you like to stay for breakfast?"

"I really don't want to intrude."

"Nonsense," I dismiss him. "You can clean up in the guest bathroom." I say, getting to my feet, and he mimics my actions.

I show him to the guest bathroom and tell him that he can find a new unused toothbrush in the drawer. I found an oversized t-shirt that I bought from the men's section to wear at home, that was big enough to fit him. I left it on the guest room's bed before tapping on the bathroom door and letting him know.

Leaving him to it, I make a beeline to my own bathroom, taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth.

I pull on a pair of skinny jeans and a cropped windbreaker top before throwing my hair up into a bun. I could still hear the water running in the guest bathroom, so I had a few more minutes to spare.

Taking a seat by the dressing table, I dab on some concealer, mascara and lipgloss. I slip my feet into some socks and a pair of nike's before shoving my necessary belongings into my book bag, carrying it to the kitchen.