six ; 06

"I've never been so into somebody before,
And every time we both touch I only want more."

Back For You — One Direction

________________________

> Hayden:
i love you. so much. i'm trying so hard to leave you alone and let you go.. but i can't.

My heart lurches as I stare down at the text in front of my screen.

> Me:
i can't either.

A tear slips down my cheek, followed by another, and another until I was full on crying. I didn't sob, I just silently sat there on my bed, at 2am in the morning, staring at my phone screen with my face emotionless as tears run down my cheeks.

My body felt cold. Untouched, numb, fragile.

My body craves him everyday. My skin craves feeling his skin, my lips yearning for his. Hayden's body fits against mine so perfectly, every crook and curve, like puzzle pieces just made for each other.

He was my person. And if I couldn't have him, I didn't want anyone else.

> Hayden:
i'm so sorry Ariel.

> Me:
i am too.

> Hayden:
go to sleep, you have uni tomorrow angel. goodnight. stay safe out there x

> Me:
you too. goodnight <3

The tears didn't stop as I lock my phone and snuggle under the duvet, crying silently into my pillow until sleep finally consumed me.

• • •

"Hey Ariel! Wait up," I hear Blair call out, and I tug my AirPod out of my ear and look back, spotting Blair trotting towards me.

I was in uni, making my way towards my second and final lecture for the day before I was free to leave and take a much needed nap.

I slow my pace and wait for my best friend to appear next to me. "Hi!"

"Heyy," I flash a smile, slinging my arm through hers. "How's it going?"

Blair crinkles her nose. "Ugh,"

"Uh oh," I chuckle. "What is it?"

"Clay is totally ignoring me," She huffs and I sigh.

Clay was a guy that Blair met a few weeks ago at a party. They've hit it off, danced together and exchanged numbers by the end of the night. They've also been texting and flirting back and forth since then, and my girl here is definitely catching feelings.

"I'm pretty sure he's not," I reassure her. "Boys are just not big on replying ASAP like we are,"

"Maybeee," She drags, pouting. "I want to hang out with him again,"

"Then ask him!"

"Will you come with me?"

I shrug. "Sure. Only if Noah comes with. I'm not gonna third wheel,"

She smiles. "Sure."

"Alrighty then, let me know." I ruffle her hair, coming to a stop in front of my lecture hall.

"See ya!" Blair pecks my cheek and gives my hand a squeeze before walking away.

I jam my shoulder against the door and push it open, walking into the crowded lecture hall. I climb the steps and take my usual seat right in the middle, not too far back but not too close to the front either.