twenty ; 20

"In another life, I would be your girl,
We keep all our promises, be us against the world."

The One That Got Away — Katy Perry

___________________________

"Aiden, hand me that little santa." I say, and he bends down and picks it up from the decoration box and hands it to me.

I carefully place the loop coming out of the santa's head on a branch of our Christmas tree.

"That's about it." I say, stepping back and admiring my work.

The tree was fully decorated, with pretty decorations and lights, in courtesy of me, Grey and Aiden.

Gran and my mom were cooking up dinner in the kitchen.

"Ariel, do you want to do the honours of putting the star on the top?" Grey asks, handing me the huge silver star.

"Course." I smile, taking it from him.

"Cool, I'm gonna go grab a drink of water." Grey says and saunters off.

I step closer to the tree and go on my tip toes, trying to reach the top, but I was still too short.

I sigh in frustration, and was about to turn around to ask Aiden to do it for me when two hands wrap around my waist, and a chest presses against my back.

"Need some help?" He asks, his cologne engulfing my senses.

"Y-yeah." I whisper, and he slowly lifts me up, just enough to help me reach the top. I place the star on top of the tree and Aiden gently puts me down on my feet.

He doesn't let go of me, instead he tightens his arms around me in a hug. "We did it. It looks great."

I hum in response, looking at the Christmas tree with him.

The sound of footsteps causes us to step away from each other. My mom, Gran and Grey enter the living room.

"That looks great honey," My grandma smiles. "Come, now. Dinner's ready."

• • •

"What are you wearing for tonight?" Danielle asks. 

It was finally Christmas day. We woke up and opened presents by the Christmas tree. I'd gone shopping a few days before and gotten everyone gifts, and Aiden has too.

He got me a pretty bracelet with a moon charm, and I'd given him a red wooly sweater, since he loves the colour red.

The boys were downstairs watching a game with Grey, and Mum and Gran were whipping up Christmas dinner. The girls and I were deciding what to wear.

Danielle was already dressed in a cute sweater dress with long sleeves and tights, her hair and makeup done. Blair was still deciding.

"I think so." I get off my bed and rummage through my suitcase, and hold up a cream
coloured baggy sweater. "What do you think would go with this?"