sixteen ; 16

"So I don't have to say you were the one that got away,
The one that got away."

The One That Got Away — Katy Perry

_______________________________

"Guys! The plane leaves in one hour, let's gooooo!" I exclaim, rubbing  my eyes tiredly.

"In a minute!" Blair yells from her bathroom as Noah groans from the couch.

It's been three weeks since we planned this trip, and after a lot of planning and coordinating, the day had finally come.

I had packed, picked up Noah, and now we were at Blair's waiting for her to get ready. We all agreed to meet-up with the others at the airport.

She finally appears, dressed in a pink sweater dress, her hair styled. She greatly contrasted to me, with my black leggings, cropped white t-shirt and my hair in a messy bun.

Few minutes later, we were in a cab driving off to the airport. Once we arrive, we grab our suitcases and hurry inside to meet the others.

Danielle, Sawyer and Aiden were waiting for us, and we exchange greetings. Aiden presses his lips to my forehead in a quick sneaky kiss whilst I hug him hello.

My stomach swirls at his actions, my cheeks blushing furiously.

We make our way towards the ticket counter, checking in our luggage, go through customs, and soon we were waiting at the boarding gate.

An hour later, we were in the air. It was an early flight, we took off at 5:30am, so the sky was still dark. I had somehow ended up in a window seat with Aiden next to me.

I yawn sleepily. We had a long, almost 8 hour flight ahead of us, and I was not a morning person.

"You can nap on my shoulder." Aiden tells me softly, smiling. I happily take up on his offer, resting my head on the crook of his neck and letting my eyes droop close.

•   •   •

We landed in JFK airport eight hours later. After getting our luggage, we gather at the front of the airport. New York city was as lively, exciting and as fresh as I'd left it a few months ago. Noah and Blair were fascinated.

Sawyer's, Danielle's and my parents offered to come to the airport, but we told them that we'd come straight home to them instead.

"Okay so, Noah is staying with Sawyer, Blair with Danielle, and Aiden with me." I say. "We'll all settle in, and tonight we'll have dinner at my place? My mom and gran are cooking."

"Sounds like a plan!" Danielle says, and gives me a small side hug.

We all hail taxi's and head our separate ways.

"I'm starving." I say. "I'm craving for MacDonald's fries."

Aiden laughs. "What's with you and MacDonald's?"

I shrug with a smile. "I don't know. It makes me happy."

"We'll get some from a drive thru then?" He offers and I nod happily.