twenty five ; 25

"I look around and Sin City's cold and empty,
No one's around to judge me,
I can't see clearly when you're gone."

Blinding Lights - The Weeknd

_____________________________

"It's almost midnight!" Noah announces, refilling his red solo cup.

"Take it easy, tiger. I can't be nursing you guys' hangovers twice in a row." Sawyer laughs and Noah sticks his tongue out at him.

I look over to Blair, who was flirting with a blonde boy that looked a few years older than us. She catches my eyes and sends me a wink.

I chuckle, taking a sip from my drink.

Soon, everyone was gathered by the shoreline of the lake, watching the small boats that were drifting in the middle, waiting for midnight to let out the fireworks.

My friends were surrounding me, the single ones with dates that they've picked up here at the party to kiss at midnight.

Aiden stood behind me, his arms around my waist, and nose nuzzled in my neck.

"You smell amazing." He mumbles, pressing a kiss to my shoulder.

"Liar. I'm probably sweaty." I giggle, swatting his arm.

"No you're not."

Someone yells that it's time, and the crowd begins chanting.

"10!"

"9!"

"8!"

"7!"

"6!"

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"Happy New Year!" The crowd roars, and on cue, fireworks explode in the night sky. Aiden spins me around and presses his lips against mine, kissing me softly as the fireworks go off behind us.

He pulls away, grinning like a cheshire cat.

"Happy new year, Ariel."

"Happy new year, Aiden."

His lips meet mine again, kissing me deeper this time. I stand on my tiptoes and wrap my arms around his neck, wanting to be closer to him.

"Do you want to get out of here?" Aiden whispers against my mouth, and I bite my lip, knowing what he was referring to.

"Yes."

Saying hurried goodbyes to our friends, who said they'll come back later, Aiden and I walk back to the lakehouse.

Letting ourselves into the empty, dark house, he grabs my hand and leads me upstairs to his room.

The second the bedroom door closes behind us, he turns to me, bending down and gripping my thighs, before lifting me up.

I let out a little squeal in surprise, giggling.

"Aiden!"

He smiles. "I like carrying you."

"I like you." I reply, connecting our lips again. He walks over to the bed, setting me down gently.

Soon, clothes littered the carpet, and our bodies moved together, and everything else in the world was forgotten as I gave all of me to him.

•     •    •

Few weeks later, back in London.

"I need the edited version in my desk in two hours. Can you let Mr. Darwin know?" Sophie asks.

"Yes, ma'am." I say, looking up from my laptop.

"Darling, how many times must I tell you to call me Sophie? You make me sound old." My boss shakes her head, chuckling.

"Right, sorry." I laugh.

A few minutes later, she gets to her feet and walks out to take her lunch break. Her lunch break meant it was mine too, since I was her assistant.

I was about to head to the office cafeteria when my phone rings. A smile stretches on my lips when I read the caller ID.

"Hey beautiful." Aiden's voice drips like honey into my ears.

"Hey," I say, leaning back in my seat.

"I miss you."

"Aiden, you saw me this morning."

"So?" He huffs playfully. "What time are you off work?"

"Six pm. I need to stay back and work on a few emails." I explain, cleaning up my desk abit.

"I'll pick you up from your place at seven then."

"For what?"

"A date, love. See you tonight." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Okay then. Bye."

"Bye princess."

______________________________________

short chapter ugh i'm so sorry! i've been having immense writers block these past few days :3 but tysm for 1K comments guys! y'all are the greatest.

shoutout to thejdiary for her support!
thank you so much ❤️ also, go read her amazing werewolf book, King Of My Heart. that book was so good, it turned me from not reading werewolf books at all, to being borderline obsessed.

i'll be back soon with a new update, meanwhile you guys can go check out my other stories, heh :)💕

all love,
A