fourteen ; 14

"Never planned that one day
I'd be losing you,
In another life, I would be your girl,"

The One That Got Away — Katy Perry

___________________________________

"We're going!" Blair announces, and I huff.

"But Blair," I whine. "I just want to stay in and watch Lucifer today,"

"As hot as Tom Ellis is, we have to go Ariel! Come on," She keeps insisting, and I knew this was a battle I couldn't win.

"Fine. Who's party is it, are we even invited?" I ask, playing with my duvet.

"Not sure, it's a general thing, thrown by another college kid. Like the bonfire, I guess people in universities around here will come." Blair informs, digging through my closet.

My heart lifts slightly with hope, wondering if Aiden would be coming.

It's been a few days since our jam out session in my car, and ever since then I've been tripping over myself trying to figure out what I was feeling. Was it real or was I just trying to distract myself from Hayden?

I didn't want to hurt Aiden, that's for sure.

As if she read my mind, Blair turns around, grinning. "And yeah, Aiden will probably come since it's a kid from his uni that's throwing the party."

I throw her a look, not saying anything. She turns back around and rummages through my closet before throwing an outfit at me.

I sit up on my bed and look at what she's given me. It was a crisp white off shoulder top with long baggy sleeves and it could be tied together in the middle on my chest alongside a pair of blue high waisted shorts. The outfit was simple and comfy, and a little revealing, which made me hesitate. But I made up my mind to wear it because I wanted to look and feel good. Life was too short to be insecure.

"You can wear that with these," Blair adds, throwing my pair of knee high grey boots near the foot of the bed

"Not bad," I shrug. "What are you wearing?"

Blair walks over to the bag she brought when she came over, and holds up a white skater skirt and a pink long sleeved tube top.

"Come on, let's do your hair." Blair gestures to my dressing table.

•   •   •