chapter 2

Marlow POV:
Its the day I've been waiting for, the time has come finally to become a trainee lifeguard. Yes, I am young, fourteen sure isn't professional level, but this was my dream! 
My alarm went off, oh well, I was up anyway. I glanced over at the view from my window, a very beautiful bondi, then to my neatly ironed uniform and swimsuit bikini.

Let's do this Marley I thought to myself , I hopped up out of bed and in lightning speed I jumped in the shower, brushed my teeth and plaited my icy blonde hair in two braids. Grabbing my uniform I never felt so much pride to be wearing the blue on my back.

I looked in the mirror, I saw my distant memories of my mom all come flooding back, the hot nights spent roaming the beach, playing in the shallows, nippers, it could go on and on. My blue eyes sparkled with pride for who my mom was, a badass surfer girl! She went pro until she had me and she and my dad settled down.

I basically grew up in the tower, I joined the clubbies but now, Bondi was about to get their newest recruit.

I walked down my stairs. Catching my outfit and tan skin in the reflection of the windows, I smiled looking at the blue top I had on.

Hoppo POV:
My little girl, Marlow, Marley , Marls was coming to work with me today to actually work.
I was so proud, the past 4 years haven't been easy, far from it, but I see so much of Emily in Marls, in her resilience and looks.

She came down the stairs, sprinting with excitement.
'Good morning little miss lifeguard!'

'Hello to you too Dad!' she exclaimed hugging me.
'Dad! Don't cry it's no big deal!' I started to tear up thinking of Emily, she's growing up without her mom.

'Ok, ok I'm just so proud of you!' I gathered myself
'I have made your favourite, pancakes with berries, breakfast of champions, and lifeguards.'
'Nice! Thanks Dad, I'm just so pumped' Marley replies eating her pancakes between each sentence and sparking up questions about work between each mouthful.

*Time skip - entering the tower*

No One POV:
'Good morning boys!' Marley echos through the tower. The boys (Harries, Maxi, Jesse, Matt Dee, Jethro and Kerrbox) turn around and greet Marley with hugs and high fives from Maxi and Jethro.

'So darling, were just setting up flags, I'll christen you into the lifeguard service, help me set up the infamous and very important red and yellow flags' Harries laughs.
'Why, I am honoured' Marlow beckons leaving the tower with Harries giggling and laughing.

Hoppo approaches the rest of the boys in the little semi-circle they had going on, they all put down their binoculars and give their attention to him.

'Look boys, Marls is fourteen, this is what she calls the best thing that's happend to her since her mom. Keep an eye out for her, she may struggle with the ropes of this job, she's still a little girl and even though we're all able, doesn't mean she is, just, look out for her? The rescue board is like 3 times her weight and twice her height!' laughed yet seriously lectured the boys in the tower 'All I'm going to say is, any funny business you see going on, or if she struggles with anything lend a hand to her. Your like her older brothers and second dads, she looks up to all of you immensely.'

'Right on boss!' Maxi salutes 'Shes like my little sister I'll look out for her no problemo'

The rest of them agreed offering their happiness for Hops daughter and trying to not bring up the delicate topic that is her late mother.

Harries POV:
'Here you go Marlington deary, a shovel, best used for digging holes for flags or burying seagulls that we run over by accident!'

'Thank you Dad, I cant believe I'm here! Standing in a blue uniform, on B-O-N-D-I beach!' Marley trails off into how she hates maths in school and typical teen talk.

I glanced up to the tower, I knew the lecture that was being dealt right as we speak. The boys were in a circle , looking very serious and almost sad. I hadn't seen that since the funeral that still runs in the back of my mind four years ago. Emily was my best friend, she was a lot of us guys best friend , she hung out with us on nights out, surfed with us and she was the best mother to Marls.

I wanted to protect Marley, I wanted for no boys to come near her, I wanted her to stay this little girl in front of me. I never want a repeat of four years ago to happen, she's 14 and has no woman in her life to look to, it must be hard.

'Yo? Hey-lo?! Hars? Harsss? Harries?' I snap out of my trance of thoughts, being snapped back to reality by Marl waving in my face, I look into her eyes, her mothers blonde hair and her father and mothers joint blue eyes, bubbly and ready to take on this job I wanted so badly for her not to have. I told Hop she's too young, she's like my own daughter to me, she'll see the mental and sad affects of our job. Deaths, bodies, sharks you name it, I didn't want any more damage to this little girls self any more.

Although, she was happy, I just hope their won't be a brink and a breaching point.

A/N:

Please star and comment if you have enjoyed this chapter. It would mean a lot!

Xo