chapter 6

Marlow POV:
It was just another normal day at Bondi, the boys constantly going in between shifts in the tower, grabbing spinal boards, calling up paramedics, laughing and jostling their way down the hot weather and sunshine.

More than I can say anyway, Dad won't even let me walk to the cafe on my own! I'm like his little two year old! I'm so sick of putting on the blue top when no one even sees it bar the towers stone walls.

'So Marts, tower life huh?' Maxi comes up to me from behind, I don't face him I just rest my head of the counter top of the prime lookout area.

'Yea, whats new?' I muffle under my sleeve 'I'm bubble wrapped, forgotten! I can handle myself guys!' I snap at the three boys in the tower, Chappo, Reidy and Maxi.

They look taken a back, probably thinking who the hell does this squirt think she is. I just break down in tears. They look at me like I have ten heads. I'm sick of this life I live, I don't care about my Dads rules, I'm going to go to north end and patrol their!

'That's it' I grab my stuff and walk to the door, Reidy grabs my arm

'No, Marls your Dad said stay here'
'Do I look like I care what he says, if mom was here she would've let me actually live my life'

Reidy looks shocked, I never rebel, I think I was shocked at myself!

I walk down letting fresh air take a hold of my mind, what a joy to be out, like out out not in a tower. I see the rhino and approach it, Jesse and Whippet are sitting their yelling orders at swimmers.

They turn around as they see me stroll by, the radio me on the loudspeaker.

'Miss Marlow Hopkins, where do you think you're going girl!' Whippet asks

'To live my godamn life Whip!'

Hoppo POV:
I walk into the tower, scanning the lookout zone , I see no long blonde hair, no young girl with binoculars strapped around her head.

'MAXI? WHERE IS SHE GONE' I storm up to my young girls best friend, ready to hit him if he let her off. I raise a fist when Chappo holds me back.

'Woah, woah Hop, she stormed out, said she had to 'live her life'' Chappo tells me

I'm guessing my face gave away what I was thinking, the boys looked at me sheepishly pointing to south end.

I sit down, she can do this, she's not a little girl anymore Hop, pull yourself together I thought.

I heard radio voices come over the radio, Jesse and Whippet telling me she was down there patrolling.
I shook my head and sighed, then I smiled, she's just as fearless as he mother. Yet, she actually has something to fear that she doesn't realise yet.

Marlow POV:
I was at south end when a man walks past me, I take no head until I feel a tug on my hair. Well, more than a tug, more of a yank and a throw.

'What the heck mate?' I look over to the rhino, whippet and Jesse are out doing rescues.

The man dressed in a white t shirt , black shorts , Greg thongs and has loose brown hair looked at me in the ye menacingly.

'Look man, I don't want no trouble, I'm here to do my job' thoughts flooded my mind, if I went to get help my Dad would NEVER let me leave the tower, so I might just run to Jess or Maxi? I don't know at this moment, the man I glaring at me daggers.

'I'll see you around Marlow Hopkins' he sauntered off, what was that about? How does he know my name? I fix my hair and hope no one saw that ordeal, I have to admit I'm a bit shaken. What was that man doing? I couldn't tell a soul, I want to show I'm tough.

Dad wouldn't understand anyway.

The man left the beach, I hawk eyed him until he left 3rd ramp, a black bag slung over his shoulder, probably a theif? Maybe he heard my name when Whippet called over the loud speaker?

I brush off my thoughts, gather myself and walk back up to the tower for lunch.

Climbing the metal staircase I was met with my Dad, Chappo, Maxi, Gonzo and Reidy. If looks could kill, my Dad would have me in my grave twice over.

'MARLOW!' He ran and hugged me tightly, eh, what? 'I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN HURT' not far from it Dad, not far from it.

'Dad! Jeez, I'm fine, just living my life as a 14' I stop 'responsible 14 year old!' Dodging the memory of the strange man.

'Okay we get it, your tougher than us' Reidy laughs
'Do you want a lift home?' Gonz asks

I look at Dad
'Well I have heaps of papers to look through so I don't mind'

'Okay Gonz see you after pack up!' I laugh and look through my bag for my lunch box

My phone was at the bottom of my bag, lifeless, I pick it up and press the home button.

Three texts from a no - caller ID.

'Hey little girl, I know where you are!'
'I'll pull on ur hair harder next time'
'Princess, I'll get to you soon!'

I drop my phone.

How? No? Please, please stop! I thought. I felt my breathing ease up , panting and hyperventilating I feel myself and my heart drifting.

I'm going to faint

No your not Mar!
Yes you are!
No!
Yes!

My thoughts fought eachother rapidly, then,

Everything went black.

Authors Notes:

Can someone please reassure me this is actually worth my while? I think all of these chapters are really bad.

If you think this is half decent, please star and comment xo