chapter 8

Hoppo POV:
I have to tell someone, one of the boys perhaps? Just, someone, Marls is in danger, her little incident a week ago really made me realise what life without her would be like. Terror.

I might get a moment alone with Deano and Kerrbox, they seem reliable guys, they look after Mar like their own and would help me keep a very close eye on her.

I check my watch, 12.30am, I need to sleep, but, what if he's here right now. Getting his hands on my girl. Taking her away from her life?

I tossed and turned for a half hour, angry and feeling helpless in the face of danger and maybe fear.

I turn the pillow to the cold side and make a plan in my head, I'll ask Box and Deano to come to my office tomorrow. Explain the situation at hand and give them the task of looking out for Marls.
Not too hard? I hope not.

As I hear the ocean waves lapping in the distance, all seems at peace. I drift off into a light forced sleep.

Morning - 5.00am

Not a wink of sleep. I look groggy and as if I aged a thousand years, I look into the mirror and groan.

The usual, navy board shorts, blue lifeguard top and a pair of sunnies with a dab of Bondi Zinc. Same routine for 25 years, I chuckle.

Opening up my curtains and hearing a little pitter patter come down the stairs, Marlow must be awake.
She walks down with her icy blonde hair in a high ponytail and all ready in uniform.

Talk about a proud father moment.

Marlow POV:
It was a beautiful morning, sun filling each room in our small beach side house. Breathing in the fresh air as I open my window, I look at my phone. Three texts from Maxi.

'Hey Marts, I know it's early but dyou wanna grab lunch today at break time?'
I smile and begin to reply
'Of course maximus the first, Dads probably in his office all day anyway, he won't mind'

Putting my phone down I slip off my silk PJs and into my navy blue bikini, shorts and light blue top. I cleaned the blood off of it from yesterday's incident. No harm in a little drama in your life, I chuckle.

The texts hang in the back of my head still. Maybe it's nothing but one of those trainee pranks?

Letting my pink fuzzy carpet let my feet sink in to it I grab my thongs and small bag and fill it with sunnies, Bondi Zinc, my phone and some money for lunch with Maxi.

'Good morning father dearest' I laugh seeing my Dad peak from his room, he kinda just stood their and smiled. He looked really tired, more than usual.

Brushing the worry off, the only thing I'm worried about is turning into my Dad, WORRY is his middle name!

'So Marlow dearest, whats your plans for today'
'Lunch with Maxi, and then the rest is up to you'
'I've put you with Jethro down in North Bondi for the start of the day and the end you should be with Kerrbox on the jet ski, learning the ropes for when you get your license'

I grinned, the jet ski was something I had begged my Dad to let me on all my life, but I got the old answers:

'Your too young'
'Too small'
'You don't know the danger'
'What if it tips?'
'It's for the professionals!'

Give me a break man! Doesn't matter, he has seemingly gave in I suppose!

'Yet, you have to be careful and listen to Box! What he says goes' my Dad said spoiling the fun

'Yes, yes Box the master of all life' I mock as they have been best friends since childhood

Box was like my second Dad, taught me how to surf, bought me my first board when I was 4 for Christmas. My mom was his best friend also, the three of them were like a trio that was unstoppable.

Reminds me of Jesse, Maxi and myself. Except they're like my brothers!

Checking my phones time, 6:13am , dang it, I only have time for a smoothie.

Time Skip - 6.30am

Reaching the tower the boys had been out setting up the flags , the beach was quiet and had only a couple loved up couples strolling around, drunk people or just some early risers in the surf.

'Hey kiddo!' Deano waves to me, I wave back breaking into a jog to the tower.

I walk in the back door, dropped my bags and scanned the room. A long haired blonde person sat in a chair, Jethro, Beardy sitting to his right and then Kerrbox making an entrance up the main route.

'Yo Jeth! We're up north today' I laugh and playfully knock Jethro on the shoulder.

'Ah yes, the only child I tolerate' he laughs back
'If only I were a child'
'Mate, your 14 at your age I was playing with sandcastles'
'Whatever, so boys, are the camera crew around this week?'

Beardy looks to me,
'I think it starts sometime this week, not so sure when though'

I had grown up on TV basically, I had made cameos in the background then more when it came to being a clubby and helping people they'd just scoop me up because I was Hoppos daughter.

'Who's on today?' I ask

'Chappo, Whippet, Reidy, Maxi, Yatesy, Jesse, Harrison and the four of us.' Kerrbox replies checking the defibrillator and all the tools.

'Good, good' I mutter looking through my binoculars
I catch a look at a really fit boy my age, wow, I never believed at love at first sight, but, wow.

He had blonde hair like myself, than and as I zoomed in more I could see these ice blue eyes. He was ripping through a wave on his board like a pro surfer.

'Hello? Hey? Child of the boss man?' I hear Chappo in the background more clearly now not so muffled.

'Eh, yeah, yeah what' I say not letting my eyes drift from this boy.

'Whatcha lookin' at Marls?' I cringe in embarrassment, theirs hardly anyone on the beach so he's not hard to spot.

The boys in the tower exchange a look of winks and smirks.

'Has someone got a crush?' Harrison barks, he must've walked into the tower while I wasn't looking.

'The only thing being crushed is your face, no, I don't love anyone, he just looks friendly that's all'

Good cover up , not.

'Right so, I need friends my age.' I say defensive, now all the blokes were here and smirking a wooting and whistling. They're not convinced. Neither am I.

A.N: Do you think a boy might change the dynamic of the lifeguards and Marlow?

Hope your keeping safe!

Star and comment if you like this story/chapter.

Xo