chapter 37

Jack POV:

Flashback: 

I was waiting on the top of the cliff patiently awaiting Marlow. I needed to make things right, I should've answered her calls and her texts before, now it's all up to me.

I had closely been watching her, every movement in the water was graceful and powerful. I could see her moving directly in a set route for a bout a minute on her board length, then she veered off towards the rocks.

Every surfer knows, don't go near the rocks, on your own especially. Why did she do that?

Maybe she spotted someone off the rocks that needed her help!

I thought I better check it out, I can help her, but really only from a birds eye view as I was on the cliff.

I started to jog across the cliff face, trying to remember any clubby training I have come across over the years.

Reaching the cliff face directly above the cliff, I  saw the clubbies jet ski stepping in to help. I went as close to the edge as I could possibly do so, I heard slight groaning, but the waves were smashing against the rocks ferociously ringing my ears.

I looked down, the rocky skiff face was choppy with battering swell.

There. Marlow. She was lying on the clubby jet ski, Caroline her friend I thought, helping her. Blood was thrown around like confetti, Marlow looked seriously hurt, her face was drained of colour and had gashes all over because of the rocky scenery.

I could faintly hear Caroline talking to Marlow,

'You came to the rocks? Where I wanted, your a dumb girl one.'

That made 0 sense in my head, the sentence she was speaking my being drowned out by the waters sounds.

Yet, I knew. This wasn't a rescue, she drove off on the jetski, Marlow looked dead, literally dead.

I immediately thought the worse, but, I had to figure out my next move. I observed where the jet ski was going,

a direct route to Marourbra

Typical. This was totally off the path of the race, I tried to shout at Jesse, he was finishing the swim length, he never heard me.

Right, Jack, take matters into your own hands!

I figure that I needed to sprint to Marourbra, but I would've been too slow. I grab a bike on a neighbouring bike rack,

'So sorry mate!' I shout as this boy runs up to me angered, no more my age

I throw a 10 dollar bills back to him as I drove off, if only he knew the danger Marlow was in!

I started cycling, I got faster and faster, I need to get the Marourbra really fricken fast.

Marlow POV:

Where am I?

I edge my eye lids open accordingly. I could see a wall of muscular men, they all had these matching tattoos

My Brother Keeper

That reminds me of....Jesse!

That must mean. I'm on Marourbra, with the Bra Boys. How the hell did I end up here? My head is thumping and I let out a groan, I reach my hand to my head, only to be restrained. I turn around, I am tied to a chair with cable ties.

I don't know how I got here, it's like as if my memory has been erased. Last thing I remember was waking up this morning. Why am I in a lifeguard vest at close to 10pm?

I could only see sand and a wall of men, then two figures emerged evilly, the crowd feels to silence and I couldn't help but feel I'm the victim.

'Well, if it isn't Marlow Emily Hopkins' the male figure approaches me and puts his finger along my chin and face.

'My names James. You are very like Emily. So, I enlisted the help of my girlfriend, aka the only loyal person in my life. These men owed me one, naturally, this was my opportunity'

'What d-do you want?' I stutter out, clearly missing something here.

'I want what your Dad did to me, took something I love, your now following in his footsteps'

'What did my Dad ever do you you?' I shout be in g restrained by the wall of men erratically.

'You see, Emily was mine, in high school. Then she broke up with me and went running to Bruce, he took her in with open arms. I was always jealous, we were meant to be. So, I tried to pull a stunt on their honeymoon, police were called. This one had to be lowkey, so I texted you, your Dad and followed you and watched your every move'

I nearly get sick, everything is making so much sense. The thought of everything that's been happening, it's all one puzzle.

'Well, he probs doesn't like me?' I shrug my shoulders, feeling pessimistic.

'Ahem! What makes you think that! You have your mothers hair, mothers eyes, your everything anyone would want!' Caroline says throwing her hands up to the sky.

'My mother? How do you, know?' I give her a smirk and ask her this, how does she know what she looks like?

'Eh, I went to school with her?' She says, almost unsure of herself.

She knew my mother. That's how she knew.

'Hey, Marls, I am unsure of the beaches around here, which is the most secluded and the most packed beaches?'

She wanted the most secluded to take me to it.

The assault.
She's no pro surfer.
The rock route!
She was always asking me about the jet ski and the first aid box.

She was a literal fake friend.

'Caroline! I trusted you!' Tears are rolling down my face rapidly

'Dumb move blondie' Caroline laughs and looks at James , James gives her the nod.

'Boys, open the whistles!' Caroline starts shouting as the wall of men start ripping open little rectangular boxes. Emerging we're the infamous green whistle.

'Okay, take this for pain Marlow. We want you alive for your Dad to get here.' She hands me a green whistle, I hesistantly take it.

'No. I don't want it' I pout and throw it into the sand grains. James and Caroline give me a look of horror, the men are whispering as looking at me with a glare.

'Right. I didn't wanna do this Marlow.' She looks at the ground and then looks back to three men who have a huge roll of duct tape in their hand.

'Strap her up' James smirks and points at me, the men approach me with the whistle and tape. I instantly realise that this isn't going to be for pain, those whistles are rarely given to minors only for highly painful accidents. A couple scrapes and a concussion isn't fatal.

Taking a whistle for too long, can affect you, badly.

I shut my mouth tight, it doesn't work they shove the whistle through my rosy lips and I tremble with fear, tears rolling down my face. The tape in wrapped about my hair twice and then around my face. It's really uncomfortable, but I have no choice but to breathe.

I breathe in the methoxy pain reliever, at first, I feel brilliant. No pain, but the more I had to breathe, I felt as high a kite. I know some people say wierd things, I felt more dizzy than anything.

After a couple minutes of breathing it in, it was gone to my relief. The men realised quickly, James points and nods at me.

They strap a second one to me, I realise all too quickly this isn't their ploy to keep me alive, they want me dead.

A/N: Hey guys, I'd like to thank everyone for the support!

Vote and Comment

Xo