chapter 40

Hoppo POV:

I had stayed over night at the hospital, Marlow fell asleep in the car and slept deeply for hours. Maxi was in the room next to us, as far as we know he has a concussion. Jack broke his nose and has a concussion, his mother has stayed with him aswell.

Marlow looked bruised and severely battered. I smile at how she handled everything, I'll have to get the real story off her when she wakes up.

11.32am

'Sir? We're you with Trent Maxwell also?' A male nurse walks in, he looks up at the room next door. Maxi was awake and talking to Jesse inside.

'Yes, can I go in?' I get up and make my way to the door of the room and into Maxis blue hospital room. He had bruises on his neck and looked pale but seemed to be okay.

'Hey Hop' Maxi says in a raspy tone
'Hey Maxi, thank you so much for taking a hit for Marl, I have to repay you' I smile and put a hand on his shoulder in appreciation

'Hop, I'd do it twice over, anything for her' he smiles and reassures me 'I'm fine, but is the two kids alright?'

'Marl, hasn't woken up. Jack is concussed and broken nose.' I inform the two men of the injuries of the younger victims.

'I'm really sorry Hop' Jesse breaks his silence and looks down at the ground

'Jesse, you went first with no hesitation, if you never went she could be....it doesn't matter, you saved her and Jack'

'I have work tomorrow, do you want me to tell the boys anything?'

'That were all okay, as for Marl we can only hope she's up to give a story'

'Why was her board by the rocks I wonder?'
'Marlow is a risk taker, probably wanted to go the 'fun' way'

'Sounds about right' Maxi laughs in his hospital bed then let's out a cough.

'You alright man?' I ask as he looks exhausted
'Yeah, just tired and near drowned you know?'
'Haha, yeah man, just take your time coming back'
'Hop, I want to come back the day after I'm discharged'

'You sure Maxi? You know it's a physically draining job'
'Hop, I'll be ready'
'No problem Maxi'

'Are you feeling fine Jesse?'
'Yeah, I didn't get the worse, they just dragged me away' Jesse piped up in a sad tone

'Hey! If it isn't the heroes themselves!'

I turn around, Whippet, Box and Deano are walking through the door of Maxis room.

'Well, not that much of a hero but thanks?' Maxis voice isn't back fully, so it's more of a whisper

'So how's the young ones?' Deano asks me sitting down in the chair beside me.

'Marl, isn't awake yet, probably hungover from the amount of methoxy she had yesterday! Jack is fine, awake but broken his nose. You know, the big fellas beat him up bad' I smirk in gratefulness for all of the people involved

'Well, hows Maxi? Didn't look too good yesterday mate when I pulled that lad off of you, he really went for the drowning didn't he?' Whippet nervously puts a hand on Maxi and laughs

'Yeah! I thought I was dead for sure! Thanks, you know for saving me'

'Was I meant to just watch you drown?' He laughs a doctor comes running in,