chapter 27

A/N: I am time skipping because sometimes the things you put in chapters can get repetitive. If you'd like me to do more 'normal' days on Bondi like the last chapter, feel free to comment x

Time skip: Saturday

8.32am

The wind flows between each strand of hair on my head, I had gotten up this morning and taken advantage of no work today. I got myself up and out in the air to do some land training.

Running was never my specialty since I've grown up swimming and in Nippers to Clubbies, but I was nowhere near the strength of some of the boys.

Caroline is with me aswell, she however is really great in every aspect of the Ironman race, she is my absolute inspiration at the moment.

'So, you excited for your first Ironman?' Caroline asks between staggered breaths.

'Could ask the same question to you, but yeah, I guess so. I'm probably going to come last or finish coming off the jet ski with Box, but that's fine too I guess? Even though you can't compete because of injury, you'll be there right?' I smile sheepishly and continue my running up the side walk of the Pavillion.

'Of course! Also, for the record! I've trained for a decade more than you, and your still nearly better than me!' Caroline giggles and follows suit as we make our way to Bondi.

We stop and catch our breaths, we're right outside the tower now, we've been running for about 30 minutes non stop.

'Let's take the scenic route along the beach!' I regain my running posture and take off down the first ramp in front of us.

'Race to North Bondi and down to South!' Caroline calls back laughing pacing herself up to me.

'Oi! Ladies! This is a fight-free zone!' I hear Jesse shout at us sarcastically.

'Go back to Marourbra if you wanna see some real fights!' I laugh as I keep running.

Maxi POV:

I see Caroline and Marls running up to North Bondi, they've become really close lately, it's nice to see Marls in her element on the beach with someone other than a boy.

'I bet on Marls!' Jesse claps his hands taking a look out the window.

'Naw, Caroline has years of training as a pro surfer!' Matt Dee says in his comical slow tone.

'Right, bet, whoever wins has to pay for a drink at The Bucket List tomorrow night for Hops return' Jesse holds out his hand for a sign of acceptance from Matt.

'Deal!' Matt takes up his position with a pair of binoculars closely eyeing the two girls running up the beach.

There's a lot of tourists out today, even if it's only edging 9am. Marls is quite small, could zip though the umbrellas of people quite fast, Caroline had the strength to run faster though, just not as angelic as Marls can.

It'll be a close one, I watch as they tap the rocks on North Bondi, they both start booking it to South. I can see the concentration on Caroline's face, she gives Marls a glare of disappointment when she is stopped when it comes to the maze of sunbathers.

Marls zips through each person with ease, being only around 5"3 her agility is off the charts.

Caroline is struggling, nearly tripping over little kids and sunbathers as she wades through the crowds.

Marlow POV:

The rainbow of beach towels and bathers are making me have to have cat like reflexes. I'm dodging each person as fast as I can react, even though, every one I come to another comes straight after.