chapter 21

8.30am

Marlow POV:

'Wakey, wakey Bambi' I hear in the background of my mind. Opening up my eyes slowly, I look around startled, I realise, I'm not at home, I'm at Caroline's.

I wave at her sheepishly, too tried to say anything and run my fingers through my blond locks to gather what my next move is. Peeling the covers off of me I let my feet touch ground and walk over to the window, open up the curtains and let the day begin.

Jack was going to be at Bondi in an hour and a half, I needed to get a move on. I walk into the kitchen area in her home, pretty spacious and had white washed cupboards to hold everything.

'Morning' I say tired
'Hello, date today I suppose?'
'Yeah, right! He doesn't really like me anyway' I snicker knowing that she doesn't believe me

'Yeah, that's what the boys want to happen!' She says playfully pushing me

'So eggs and fruit?' She says pointing at her frying pan in the air.
'Perfect!' I jump up onto her barstool and wait patiently.

'So, I hear that theirs a lifeguard challenge 2 weeks or so?' Caroline furrows her brow cracking an egg into the pan

'Yeah not to my happiness, I can't train as hard as the others. Gyms don't allow 14 year olds in, a lot of the protein shakes and diets they go on are for adults and for fully developed men bodies' I roll my eyes

'So, I don't say I'll compete, but I'll probably be made, with a 30 minute handicap I hope!' I laugh knowing I'll only get a couple minutes.

'You'll do fine, I'll tell you a trick, go close to the rocks as possible, the waves will propel you to shore'

That's makes 0 sense, but I guess she's a pro surfer, who can argue with that?

'Wow, thanks! I'll be sure to do that' I high five her hand in mine and smirk at how we've made such a bond in only a day. She's really stepped up to become a sister to me and I feel like I've known her all my life. I'd trust her with anything it feels like.

'I don't think I'm competing, I have a torn hamstring from a surfing accident, it has to be healed by not doing full on physical activity' she explains 'yeah it's nothing big, just no going to the gym for awhile'

'Well you can mentor me!' I laugh watching the eggs change colour in the pan while being cooked

'Great, now lets eat this and get going. Let's not keep your man or our men waiting!' She laughs serving the plate of eggs and dolloping some fruit on the side.

Time skip:

8.56am

Walking down the promenade the familiar salty scent of the ocean is filling my nose, sounds of children playing in the sea and couples in some cheesy love story. I plaited my hair is two French braids to have it out of my face for surfing today.

Reaching the tower we knock on the door,

'Hey boys!' Caroline fist bumps Jesse and waves to Deano and Glick who are also in the tower.

'Oh, Marls I didn't think you were here today?' Glick turns around to face me

'Well, number one it's illegal to keep a minor on their own unaccompanied in a house, I am meeting a friend anyway' I giggle winking at Jesse, who I'm guessing knows what's about to go down

'Well I best be going, im going to meet Maximus and ask Box if my Dads awake yet' I say hopping out the door. I had a spring in my step, you'd think I really shouldn't, but, my Dad wouldn't like me to dwell about him for too long I suppose.