chapter 10

Marlow POV:

I run up to the brawl happening before my eyes, the boy I 'saved' versus the boy that saved me.

The boy I saved had thrown a punch at mystery boy.

'You think your tough Jack?' He says in between punches.

Jack! His name!

'Woah, tough? Says the one having a fist fight in a public place Mark!' Jack ducks, obviously not trying to cause a scene and punch people.

I run in the middle to separate them, not my brightest idea, but one non the less.

'Boys! Stop! This isn't worth the fight!' My hands thrown between their chests, willing them to not hit each other in the mix.

Before I knew it, I saw police and Whippet running down the beach, they told Mark to leave the beach.

'Sir, you'll have to leave the beach,now'
'I did nothing wrong!' Mark shouted
'So nearly drowning me, harassing me?' I reply to him now in his face.

'Woah, woah now! Marls come back here' I hear Jethro pulling me back.
'It's fine Jeth, I have a stupid bluebottle sting aswell, he deserves this' I break free of his grasp, he looks furious, at Mark mainly.

'Hello sir and madam? Can we have a statements at the police station about this incident?' The policeman asked politely turning to face Jack and myself. By now, Jethro and Whippet looked furious, I'm pretty sure they think I've been beat up and very badly harassed. Which actually, I have, to an extent.

I turn to Whip and Jeth, 'Hey I just need to give statements, I'll be back soon'

'Wait, did he hurt you? I heard you scream in the water? There was no extra board and that boy had you soon after. As for the, the um, kiss, yeah what about that?' Whippet frantically asks me

'Whip, he was being a jerk, that's what happens when your a fourteen year old girl lifegaurd' I say shrugging my shoulders and looking back at Jethro before walking off to meet the police and Jack standing their on the soft sand waiting.

We begin a awkward silence moment of walking up the sand.

I turned to Jack, 'Hey, thanks' I say my heart fluttering breaking the silence

'No problem, I'm sorry I wasn't quicker. My names Jack'  His blue eyes are like oceans-

I look to see Whip and Jeth making kissy faces in the rhino. Ignored.

'I'm Marlow, Marley to people I like.' I reply
'Well, I hope I can call you Marley'
'Of course' I blush
'You surf?' He asks
'Of course' I blush even more and mentally slap myself for not using more words.
'Maybe we can catch a surf tomorrow?' His eyes boar into mine. My heart skips a beat.

'I would like that....Jack' I giggle
'Cool, good, nice....sorry' he laughs and I return the laugh at his sentence.

We arrive at the grey building with police signs written all over it. I suddenly get quite nervous, I start shaking a little bit.

Jack takes my hand in his, looks me in the eye.

That was all the reassurance I need precisely! I smile a look at the ground as my blushing was getting out of control.

We are guided into a white air conditioned room filled with files of paper and random pens and pencils along the desk in front of us. This reminds me of Dads office.

'So, my name is Seargant Peters, we were called to an incident on Bondi Beach at 10:36am, what can you tell us about this?'

Flashback to the tower:

Whippet POV:

'Ah look our little princess is going in for a rescue' I smirk

'Do you think we should bring Jeth another board? To back her up maybe?' Gonzo asks concerned

'Nah, it's one person, she should be able to' Reidy cuts in

We keep watching the water, joking about old pranks and ones we're planning.

'Hey remember when we had that rat Kerrbox!' I laugh as Kerrbox comes in from a rescue to get his lunch.
'Ha-ha, very funny' he scoffs back to me

We all laugh about the rat and laugh at his reaction while swivelling around the room on our chairs. Reenacting the famous reaction.

'Right boys, eyes on the water' Kerrbox shuts us up

'Hey, why is Marls just talking to that boy in the water?' Reidy zooms in with his binoculars.

The scene that unfolded was a hard one to watch. The boy grabbed Marleys leg, I could hear the scream from here, echoing my brain, she never popped up. We all waited in deadly silence for a small blond head to pop up. Never did it come.

'He's drowning her!' I curse under my breath.
'Shit, he is' Gonzo says louder this time

I don't even think, I drop all of my stuff and stop what I'm doing and dial the Bondi police.

'Hey Jeth, what's going on down their' Reidy radios
'A boy has dragged Marls in, I can't leave my post so I am trying to signal clubbies or surfers' Jeth sounded frantic and disoriented.

'Hey look, someone helped her!' Beardy exclaims,
Following this we all perch our vision out the window of the tower, sure enough , the boy we saw this morning had Marley on his board.

She started to cough which was good, we didn't need a case of second hand drowning. Gathering herself, I saw her get onto the rescue board and sheepishly paddle in. Obviously exhausted.

'Happy ending much?' Kerrbox laughed nervously
'Well at least she's safe' Reidy sighs
'Wait why is that boy still talking to her?' The boy she had rescued was talking to Marley, and it didn't look out of greatfulness or sympathy. 

It all happened in slow motion, he grabbed her lower waist,

'Hey no!'
'Wait what?'

I heard mutters from the boys in the background, he then almost head butted himself into her lips and kisses her for like 30 secs. I can see Marls trying to tangle herself out of his grip. Jethro pulls her back trying to get her away, horrified.

I hear knocks at the door of the tower, I reluctantly get up from my position. I open to reveal two policemen, I am just in protective mode,

'Come on, quick' I gesture them as a go flying down the beach.

We are half way down and things have escalated, the two boys are throwing fists and basically having a huge fight. Marlow runs, sand sinking showing her tracks and try's to part the boys.

She looks at me in the eye, she looks scared and angry. The police get down with me and pull Mark from the other boy, I get Marley and the other boy just looked happy to be out of a rough situation.

'Wait, did he hurt you? I heard you scream in the water? There was no extra board and that boy had you soon after. As for the, the um, kiss, yeah what about that?' I frantically ask her, eyeing her up to see did she have bruising.

She reassures me but I'm not convinced, neither are any of the boys I'm sure in the tower nor Jethro.

A/N: What would you have done if you were Marlow and the boy had kissed you. Except it's your crush?

Hope you all are enjoying this

Star and comment if you like this story/chapter.

Xo