chapter 25

Time skip : Out training down South Bondi

Marlow POV:

I stood on the shore with a rescue board under my arm, I was in a hot pink wetsuit and standing beside Maxi and Jesse waiting for Jack on the soft sand.

I looked around awaiting him, Jesse and Maxi bickering over fashion sense on Bondi. It was really funny to listen to actually.

'Hey Marl!' I hear the same deep voice I've fallen in love with, Jack, in the distance. I run over to him and smile.

'Hey Jack, were just over here' I say pointing to Maci and Jesse equally in black wetsuits with their blue rescue boards beneath their arms.

'Hey Maxi and Jess! This is Jack, Jack this is Maxi and this is Jesse' I say pointing at each boy.

'So your the boy that has taken our little sisters heart, I see, not too bad Marls' Maxi rambles on, I blush with embarrassment.

'Oi, stop blushing before we have even begun!' Jesse pushes me slightly.

'Well, hey, I'm Jack, which you already know, so what's on the plate for today?' He smiles a cute grin, I am totally fixated on his facial expression that I don't even hear the boys whistling at me.

'Hey, yo, Marls! We have some training to get on going!' Maxi says running into the white foaming ocean, the salty water slides into my hair and I breath in the oceanic air.

I look back at Jack, he looks concentrated yet happy all in one. He's ripping through the waves at a sonic pace, I guess his board is lighter than the rescue boards.

'Let's paddle out to the shark buoy, and back!' I gulp at the sound of the word 'shark'.

I try to maintain my tough shell and not crumble, this is why we do the lifeguard challenge Marlow!

I keep paddling, slicing my arms through the water. We're kinda all neck and neck, not that it's a race, Jesse has stormed out in front though.

After about 5 minutes of straight paddling we reach the buoy. Maxi stops, he looks at Jesse and dares him to swim around the buoy 10 times consecutively.

Jesse has an immense fear of sharks, you'd think being in a group of boys that bond over the ocean primarily, would make him a little less afraid.

Jesse didn't refuse the dare, as he didn't need Maxi to make fun of him. So, Jesse hops out of his boards comfort and begins his swim.

It was really quick, took him a minute flat. He was about to do an eleventh spin around the buoy for good luck when I see a shadow lurking beneath us.

'Jesse get out! Right now! There's something there!' I shout looking down at the water.

Jesse doesn't wait a minute, he clambers onto his board. Maxi being the 'brave' guy, takes a closer look.

Suddenly a grey species pops out of the water, I scream, Jack grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him. Jesse makes sure his feet aren't in the water and closes his eyes, I'm pretty sure even Maxi held his breath.

I squint my eyes, it was a bloody seal, it was the silly seal that keeps bothering swimmers here at Bondi.

Maxi bursts into laughter, followed by Jesse and then there gaze looks to Jack and I. Jack has his muscular arms wrapped around my waist and I'm gripping his neck.

'Oi Lovebirds! It's a seal!' Jesse and Maxi howl with laughter as I look at Jack and blush pulling from his neck. He puts his hand behind his head and looks down at his board embarrassed.