chapter 15

Hoppo POV:

'Why are they just strolling down the beach? Isn't that what couples do?' I ask the boys, who are now preparing for pack up so everyone's in the tower.

'Take the hint Hop' Jethro smirks and earns a slap in the head from Box

'Their just friends' Box shrugs, uneasy tone, makes me think he doesn't believe himself.

'Well now she has his hoodie' Whippet laughs

At this moment everyone looked out the window, some smiling others not so much.

'Maybe we should stop this?' I say about to walk down to them

Jesse stops me, ' Hop let her live her life'
He's right. I look at him approvingly and sit back down, not taking my eyes off them.

They face the sea and then look back eachother. Reminds me of Emily and myself, young love, helpless hopeless. Suddenly, Jack pulls her in.

The next part happend in slow motion, he kisses her on the lips! Not on the cheek! The lips! The full on lip kiss!

'Woah! Bombshell' Deano laughs
'That's a brave boy' Maxi and Jesse look at eachother like two idiots.
'That's our girl!' The other boys woot

I for, an odd reason, felt proud, she can make friends, well more than friends. She is independent, but I need to keep an eye on this boy.

Marlow POV:

'I really like you' I spit out, much to my surprise
'I feel the same' Jack smiles and looks up to me, how have I only known this boy 24 hours?

'Can we keep this, on the down low, as I said the boys will kill me'
'They probably saw us already' OH MY GOD, THE KISS , THEY ALL SAW!

I hop up, bewildered at this revolution, it's okay I'll just explain it was a fluke.

No, Marlow, you don't have to explain yourself.

'Eh, I need to go. My Dad is going to kill me!' I say breaking from Jacks hold.

'I'll see you? When?' He asks as I run to the tower
'I'm off on Wednesday? Surf?' I smile
He gives me a thumbs up and makes his way to second ramp and leaves, I watch his figure become smaller and smaller.

The vultures waiting for me at the tower, I'll just act natural.

I creep up the stairs and open the door with a large creak. They all turn around as if on cue,

Woots and whistles fill the air. Typical.

'Hey guys, what's up guys' I lean into the door to act natural

'Oh what's up? What's up with that boy?' My Dad says smirking

The boys start making kissy faces behind his back.

'It was just a friendly kiss?' I smile trying to make them think were just friends, it hasn't worked by their expressions.

'Yeah, yeah. How was it? Tell us all about this boy' Deano laughs as he gestures to sit in the middle

'Jack is very nice, you'll like him I promise. He lives down the road near Tamarama, he has two siblings and is 14.' I nervously laugh, it's like a job interview!

'Look if he breaks your heart, let him know who he'll be answering to' Dad pats my back and walks out the main door. I guess he's going to his office now that there's no more watch party.

I'm not working today but I'll hang out at the tower.

'Do you like him' Jesse whispers in my ear
'Like, love him' Maxi says in the other queitly

I say nothing but smile thinking of the kiss.

'Hahah you do!' Jesse shakes my shoulders
'Knew it!' Maxi laughs

I see the other men in the tower smirking and giggling like little girls! Grow the hell up!

Rolling my eyes I grab my bag and say goodbye to the little children of colleagues I have amused.

'Bye, bye immature idiots!' I laugh waving and taking a step out the back door to the tower.

'Goodbye, lovey dove!' Maxi barks back.

How can these people be this immature at nearly 20 and some of them 30! It's just a crush, a kiss and maybe a flutter of feelings. They all have been in my position, except boys have it easier I suppose.

Walking home I get a text from Jack,

Hey x I hope you remember me!
I reply quickly
Yeah, who are you again? Jokes, how could I forget that face when you did a right nose dive today!

Marley! Just because one of us is pro doesn't mean nose dives aren't a skill to be mastered! Okay, yeah, they're pretty lame x

Jack, thanks for today. I had a really good time.

I did too, glad you got into a bit of trouble yesterday I suppose!

I laugh, thinking back to when I nearly drowned, he saved me like a hero from a film. Except, better.

Wednesday 10am? That way we have more time!

I'd go at 3am if it meant spending all day with you Princess.

Aw! He's too cute, to be honest I had to agree with that statement!

Too early for my mind, though, if I was able, I'd have to agree!

I put my phone back into my pocket and smiled. Everything felt so abnormal, 24 hours ago I was in a wild goose chase with a creepy man! Life has a wierd way of working out.

As I approach our little white beach house I scramble through my bag to find my house key. Retrieving it, I unlock the wooden door, Dads still at work as it's not over for the lifeguards, but I'm wrecked. Surfing and having a crush is tiring!

I flop down on my bed, kick off my thongs and close my eyes. Exhausted and happy, naps can cure anything, except nothing needed to be cured.

I felt my mind drift off, eyes lumbering into a sleepy paradise.

A/N: This was a wholesome chapter, but of a break from the whole James fiasco.

What did you do today?

Star and comment if you like this story/chapter.

Xo