so much to do

republished due to technical difficulties

I cut in "N...ew song." I say nodding. "Song?" Jadens says confused. I elbow him and he gets the memo. "Oh yeah! That one...song."
   Jadens sucks at lying
"Yeah, So this kid from summer camp named Sean, He leaked a part of my new song and i was mad." I say, Griffin seems confused and dosent believe me. "Mm, So whats this Sean kids last name?" He says crossing his arms. "Joeberry!" i blurt out. "Yep Sean Joeberry, We went to summer camp and we were like best friends." I tried to make stuff up. "So this song, What is it called."
   Oh shit, Come on Sarah. Think.
"So what." I say. Jaden nods "Yep, We made the song together." Jaden adds in, Griffin nods still suspicious. "Well, I cant wait to hear it!" He smiles and walks off.
"Omg that was way to close, you need to learn to shut your mouth." I say turning to Jaden after Griffin walks inside. "Good save!" He says putting his hand up for a high five. I give him one and we put the fire out and throw away the scraps.
I was sitting on the couch when Griffin came up to me. "Okay we have a busy week. Tomorrow you get your cast off, I scheduled it at nine am because we have a home study at one pm and we need to clean up this house. I also need you to be on your best behavior. Next Tuesday is Court day so we will need to get you something nice to wear. Now you will have to submit a paper to the judge explaining if you think i am eligible to be your full guardian." He explained. "Ew i have to write?" I say making a gross face. "You can type it if you want." Griffin says shrugging. "How long?" I question. "As long as you want it to be. Just be truthful, I would start it tonight so you don't have to worry about it later." I nod and he gets up and walks away. "Also, I am sorry your nudes got leaked. If there is anything i can do, tell me." He says turning around. "How did you know?" I say shocked. "Jaden, He isn't good a keeping secrets." He says laughing and walking away. I fall back onto the couch. "Ugh that dumbass needs to learn how to shut his mouth."
later that night.
i know how this home study stuff goes down and the letter thing that i have to write to the judge. I am not really looking forward to it, I mean i can talk shit about him or i can say everything good. I am obviously going to say everything good and leave out parts where he party's a little to hard and get drunk. I also know that he is going to have to get the Decree of Adoption paper so that the judge can sign it, it will finalize the adoption. Its good that Griffin already sent a notice to my mom, A notice is that before the adoption hearing may take place, Griffin must provide notice of the hearing to anyone legally involved in my life. So he has to send it to my mom. Next, He needs to work with the adoption agency or some attorney to complete the adoption petition. The petition generally includes my name, age, and where we live plus a statement that Griffin understands his rights and duties, the legal reason for terminating the biological parent's rights, and a statement that Griffin is the best caregiver for the me and a statement that the adoption is in my best interest. It's also important to include a copy of the biological parent's written consent to the adoption with the petition.
He told me he got that all sorted out and my mom had already written one a while ago.
And lastly the Hearing, The judge will ask Griffin, under oath, if he understands the impact of the adoption, including his rights to raise and obligations to support me, And if the judge finds that the adoption is in my best interest, He will sign the adoption order. And Griffin will now be my actual parent.

a/n Okay so first i tried my best to research and make sure this is accurate, i know home studies take longer than just one day but i forgot all about that till now. if anything is wrong feel free to tell me! Also Happy birthday @Mackenzie925620 hope you had an extraordinary day! you deserve it!! love you so so much ❤️🦋 AND thank you with all of my heart for 214k reads!! this is insane!! i love you all so so much ❤️🦋