Chapter 8

Harry's POV

I was just beginning to think things were getting better. Did i do something wrong?

I proceeded to put the shirt on before cautiously walking down the stairs. once i reached the bottom of the stairs i didn't know where louis went. i was just beginning to look for him when i heard some muffled sobs from the kitchen. I walked in there to see louis sat on a stool with his head in his hands. he was crying again, i hate it when he's upset.

"louis, what's wrong," i knew he wasn't going to tell me but it was worth a try.
"nothing, i'm perfectly fine harold so just leave me alone," he knew i hated the name harold.
"i don't know what's wrong with you mate but i'm not leaving until you tell me, did i do something wrong?" once i said those words he burst out into even more tears. i needed to get to the bottom of it.
"you're not even supposed to be here, you guys were supposed to leave. just fucking leave," i couldn't tell whether he was mad or hurt so i didn't leave.
"look we could tell that you were upset about something and decided to stay over, we didn't think that it would be a big deal. after all we used to always stay ove-"
"things change alright, people change, i've changed and you definitely have too, so stop living in the past and get out of my fucking house."

I tried my best not to cry, what has happened to him? and what does he mean i've changed? i've always been like this, the public might not know that but he most certainly does.

I turned around and headed out of the room, i went to open the front door so that i could leave but the door was locked. now i'm gonna have to talk to him again, brilliant.

I headed back towards the kitchen but as i turned the corner, louis ran into me causing him to fall on top of me. it didn't hurt, he was as light as a feather.

We laid there for approximately 10 seconds, our faces inches apart, before he got off of me and held out a hand to help me up. I took his hand but hesitated to let go.

"look harry, i'm sorry for lashing out at you, i'm just tired." i could tell that he was lying but i let it slide.
"apology accepted," i gave him a warm smile and he did the same back. "why are you up so early?" i questioned.
"i could ask you the same thing," he said with a giggle. "i guess i just have a fucked up sleeping pattern, how about you".
"bad dream," i said as i shuddered at the thought of my dream.

We proceeded to walk back into the kitchen as the lounge was occupied by the rest of the boys. We carried on talking. It was nice to do this again even if it wasn't the same as it used to be.
By the time it was 7 o'clock and we had been talking for a couple of hours i decided it was time to ask him again why he was crying earlier. I didn't want to wait too late as Liam would be up soon, he seems to always wake up around 7 o'clock.

The words that louis replied with kept repeating in my mind and left me looking lifeless. how do i reply?

—————————————————————

So i've sort of left this on a cliff hanger.

has he told the truth or has he lied?

ALSO ITS NOW THE 23RD HELPPPPP

thanks for reading :)