Chapter 34

there's a bit of a time jump here because i'm skipping to the wedding

—————————————————————

Louis' POV

It's been 6 weeks since we finished the tour. in that time me and harry have spent a lot of time together. we visited each others families again and told them the big news, we planned the wedding, we carried on talking to the boys and we even went to a shelter and adopted a puppy.

But all of it has leaded up till today. the wedding day. if i could describe how i'm feeling right now it would definitely be nervous as fuck. but do you know the worst part? i'm not even nervous about getting married, i'm just worried about zayn's best man speech.

there were a million and one thoughts rushing through my head and i didn't even realise that i was now at the end of the aisle. i looked at lottie who gave me a reassuring smile, her smile reminded me of my mum. i wish she could be here to see this.

soon enough i saw harry. i'm not shitting you when i say that i'm jaw actually dropped.

"take a picture, it would last longer" zayn whispered in my ear. way to ruin the moment Malik.

"you look wonderful" harry whispered once he reached the alter.

"i could say the same to you" i replied, still unable to process how someone can look so amazing.

-

once we said our i dos we had a little after party. i say little but it was quite the opposite. pretty much every single one of our friends were there. there was ed, nick, luke, callum, michael, ashton (much to harry's dismay), robbie, stan, roman, kendall, taylor, lewis, olly and pretty much everyone imaginable.

the best man speech went better than expected and so did the first dance, well before niall and lewis jumped on the dance floor and did a rehearsed dance routine. now i think about it i had barely even seen harry so i went off to go find him.

he seemed to find me before i found him and he welcomed me with an unexpected hug.
"i want to tell everyone"
"what do you mean?" i replied
"everyone, everyone on this planet, i want them to know, i don't want to hide anymore"
"okay, let's do it"

-

we searched for one the photographers and got them to send us one of the photos, we were going to do this.

we sat in a quiet room and typed it all out, we were going to tweet and then post on instagram. i was nervous as fuck.

i clicked on the photo of me and harry putting our rings on and i wrote out a cheesy caption which i didn't really like so i just replaced it with two simple words. i do. then i hit tweet.

notifications came spamming through my phone in a matter of seconds. within ten seconds it was trending. within 30 seconds i had a text from management and within 1 minute there was one from simon. i looked over at harry for reassurance and he just kissed my forehead.

we did it.