chapter 18

Louis' POV

we had just finished our first show and in my opinion it went pretty well. i even went the whole entire time without needing the toilet so thats where i was going now. none of the boys knew where i was but i'm sure they wouldn't get too scared, i'd be back before they knew it.

once i'd done what i needed to do i headed straight to the bus to head off to our next location. i walked onto the bus and nobody was in there, or at least that's what i thought.

"where the fuck is everyone" i muttered goodnight myself.
"looking for you" a voice said that made me jump. i knew straight away it was harry but his voice sounded different, it sounded like he had been crying. i went over to his bunk and pulled back the curtain to see a broken boy with red puffy eyes and his hair messed up. he was clutching onto his phone like his life depended on it. i wonder how he found it because i'm pretty sure that the other lads took it this morning.

"harry are you alright mate?" i had to act friendly. that's what he needs, what he wants, a friend.
"no 'mate' i'm not" he mimicked back to me. "what the hell was that louis? why are you playing around with my feeling like this?"
"i don't know what you're ta-"
"cut it out louis."

i stood there staring at him, i've never seen him this sad and angry at the same time... not in a long time anyway.

"you can't just do this. you broke up with me out of no where, then you ignored me for YEARS and then suddenly started talking to me again. heck, you even told me you loved me just to deny it again the next day and wreck my good mood. then you ignored me some more just to sing a song about me in front of thousands of people and now you're acting like nothings wrong. you can't do this lou, you just can't"

i was going to correct him on calling me lou but it didn't seem appropriate since he was currently calling me out and probably wouldn't give a shit.

"i- haz"

"no louis. no simple apology can fix this, it hurts so much when you do this to me."

"this was not how i planned this"

"oh so you planned this? is that supposed to make it better, you planned on breaking my heart yet again? i loved you louis, maybe i still do i don't know just- shit. um just ignore everything okay" i could tell the instant regret that he felt. but i'm glad he said it it makes me feel like i'm not alone. now i have to make it up to him.

"you, haz, you lo-"

"LOUIS WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU" perfect timing liam. the rest of the boys came stomping on to the bus. liam looked furious but niall and zayn looked happy, like they had just been on a fun adventure.

"i went to the toilet payno. were you expecting me to be on time?" i replied trying to leave no traces of what just happened. i didn't want the boys to know about mine and harry's drama. especially after this first show just went so well.

"yeah i guess i don't know what i was thinking"

i let out a chuckle while wiping away a tear that managed to escape my eye during harry's little speech before a can of beer being shoved into my hand.

"drink up lads, we've got some celebrating to do" those were nialls last words before getting absolutely hammered and passing out on the floor. i on the other hand got very drunk but still sober enough to remember everything i said. one of those being a little late night speech i did while laying in my bunk. i hoped haz would hear me but the chances of that were slim.

"hey i know you're awake right now. i want to apologise, i know it won't make a difference because these are probably just empty words after what happened but i will try and make it up to you. i hope you still love me"

after that i remember hearing some sort of reply but because of the noise of the road i couldn't tell where it came from or what it was. for all i know it could have been niall snoring or it could have been harry confessing his love to me. i hope it was the first option because if harry does admit properly to loving me i'd like to be able to remember it.

i woke up the next day in a new city with a pounding headache. today was not going to be my day.

——————————————————————

that was a bit eventful

i hope you enjoyed this chapter <3