Chapter 17

Harry's POV

the music for what makes you beautiful started to play and the fans recognised it almost instantly. they started screaming at the top of their lungs, we weren't even on the stage yet.

all 5 of us looked anxious as we were waiting for the platform we were stood on to reach the stage. this was it.

the platform reached the top of the stage and we all stepped off of it before all running to separate parts of the stage. the fans screams were louder than ever before and i didn't think that was possible.

i'm not sure how the set list was created, i think a bunch of different songs from each album were on there. after what makes you beautiful we sang a few other songs before having a break to have a little chat with the fans. usually that is my job but liam jumped right on it before i could, i guess i'll have a chance to talk to them.

i sat down on the ledge in front of the trampoline - that the fans still don't know about yet - and was soon joined bye zayn. we sat there pointing different signs out to each other before louis came sat right in between us practically pushing zayn off of the ledge. he gave me a cheeky smile which is weird because he hasn't smiled at me in ages. he hasn't looked at me at all for that matter.

before i knew it we were singing our next song, they don't know about us. i hate singing this song because it reminds me of what i used to have. at the time of when this song was released i was the happiest boy ever, i had everything i could ever want yet i had practically nothing. now i have everything but not the thing that i want the most.

i didn't stand up with the other boys to sing this song like we rehearsed, i was too deep in thought. i was too deep in thought to realise that louis was now sat down next to me again with his arm around my shoulder. what is he playing at?

we carried on performing song after song until it was time for another little break, in this time liam was supposed to be getting prepared to sing one of his solo songs, but he wasn't. instead the person getting ready was louis. i asked niall why louis was performing and he just shrugged, very helpful.

i was too busy thinking about how louis' confidence had gone up to realise that his song had started and he was, playing the guitar? when did he learn to okay the fucking guitar?

"we were too young, to know we had everything"

"too young, i wish i could have seen it all along"

this couldn't be about, me and him, could it?

"i'm sorry that i hurt you darling, we were too young"

he looked over his shoulder at me which was a risky move because i know some of the fans would pick up on it.

"i've been looking back a lot lately, me and you is all i've ever known"

"it's hard to think you could ever hate me, but everything's feeling different now"

i don't hate him, does he think i hate him?

"oh i cant believe i gave into the pressure, when they said a love like this would never last"

"so i cut you off cos i didn't know no better, now i realise, yeah i realise"

"we were too young to know we had everything, too young i wish i could have seen it all along, i'm sorry that i hurt you darling"

"we were too young"

those words kept replaying in my brain for the duration of the song. we were too young. we were too young. we were too young. is he implying that we are old enough to give it another go? but why would he do that? he is the one who broke up with me.

then as i was listening to the pre-chorus get sung again, it hit me.

"oh i cant believe i gave into the pressure, when they said a love like this would never last, so i cut you off cos i didn't know no better"

WHAT THE FUCK.

listening to louis sing his song about our relationship put high hopes in my head, they were soon shot down when he ignored me like he has been for the rest of the show, just giving me the odd glance here and there.

it got to me so much that i didn't even go on the trampoline, even niall went on the trampoline and he has bad knees.

we closed off the show by singing don't forget where you belong and then best song ever. the second i got backstage after thanking the fans i ran straight to a bus to get away. i wanted to get to the first one because i knew that louis wouldn't be there, he's always late.

—————————————————————

this chapter turned out a lot worse than what i had in mind but oh well

also in this fic made in the am was never a thing because that would just be awkward considering that zayn is now singing with them again 👁👄👁