Chapter Thirty: Coward's Confession

I hope you guys enjoy this exceedingly long chapter. I had fun writing it. I hope you enjoy reading it!

.............

Let the record show that Jeon Jungkook trusts Kim Taehyung. He knows there is no malicious bone in this man's body, and the way Taehyung gets all smiley and blushey around Jungkook has the boy feeling some warm and mushy feelings for the beautiful blond boy. That being said, after driving several hours along small English country roads, he cannot help but be a bit concerned that they may be lost. He looks out at the same dense wooded roads and small farms before clearing his throat, drawing Taehyung's attention away from the soothing music playing on the radio.

"Tae, love, are you sure you know where we're going...?" Jungkook gently asks and Taehyung smiles.

"I was expecting that question like an hour ago," Taehyung chimes with a giggle, the sound bringing a smile to Jungkook's lips, "But yes. I do know where I'm going," he adds, eyes widening slightly when Jungkook's hand reaches across the car and gently rests on Taehyung's thigh, squeezing the soft limb.

"Okay good...I was just curious," Jungkook murmurs, eyes wandering out the window again as woods fade away to plains with large, odd, lumps protruding from the ground. Comfortable silence fills the car again, Jungkook's eyes quickly scanning the countryside while Taehyung tries hard to focus on the road and not on Jungkook. The dark-haired man has occupied Taehyung's mind, filling the boy with warm comfortable sensations that he never expected to feel. He looks down to where Jungkook's hand is on his thigh and very softly slips his fingers beneath Jungkook's warm palm. Jungkook looks over as Taehyung silently entwines their fingers, a pinkish blush spattering across his cheeks as he keeps his eyes glued to the road. Jungkook smiles and lifts their hands, kissing the back of Taehyung's hand before resting them down on the center console of the car.

"You're so cute..." Jungkook whispers, his statement brightens the blush on the blond boy's cheeks, and Taehyung has to fight the urge to hide from Jungkook's warm gaze. The raven-haired boy turns away from Taehyung, his eyes are drawn once again to the unique landscape, which Taehyung takes as a blessing. He uses the momentary distraction to calm down, willing his wildly beating heart to slow and for the blush to disappear from his cheeks.

He notices Jungkook's interest in the landscape before quietly mumbling, "Barrows."

"What?" Jungkook asks, turning to face Taehyung with intrigue in his bright eyes.

"The oblong lumps in the ground...those are barrows," Taehyung says. Jungkook smiles, leaning back in his seat and rubbing his thumb gently over Taehyung's hand comfortingly. Taehyung can get used to this. These soft moments listening to bands like Death Cab for Cutie, Coldplay, and Mumford and Sons while holding hands.

"Enlighten me, love. What are barrows?" Jungkook asks, grinning as Taehyung's eyes light up excitedly.

"Barrows were used as tombs for nobles and royals in ancient times. I'm talking like BCE. The clans that built Stonehenge were rumored to have used the barrows in this area, burying their clan leaders and nobility while the general public was either cremated or buried in general lots like the cemeteries we saw closer to the towns," Taehyung says, pointing one long finger towards the horizon, "If you look that way, you'll see Stonehenge pop up soon..."

"You know a lot about history," Jungkook says, thoroughly enjoying the way Taehyung's face expresses his joy and passion as he talks.

"My father loved history. He would go on and on about the history of the area--ancient to World War 2--he knew everything there was to know about it...I miss those moments..." Taehyung quietly admits, glancing over at Jungkook's sympathetic gaze, "He would've really liked you,"