↬ | chapter three

003.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   The sun shone through the trees, which was enough to wake up Magnolia, as well as many others. She brushed her hands together in attempt of getting the dirt off of them before rubbing her eyes.

   Standing up, Maggie explored the camp, looking for Wells. They needed to come up with something— there had to be at least some ground rules.

   Not that it was any use— with another one of Bellamy's motivational speeches, it'd only get worse.

   "Wells!" she raised her voice, taking notice of the clothes in his arms; they had to be from the two kids that died in the drop ship landing. "You buried them? I would've helped."

   The two sat down at the foot of a tree for a moment to relax. Maggie looked down at his hands, and shockingly, there was no wristband on it. "Wells, where's your wristband?"

   "Why don't you ask your co-leader?" he remarked, causing Magnolia to groan. Bellamy must've bothered him in the middle of the night, and her intuition told her it couldn't have gone well. Wells wouldn't have given it up willingly. "You know, one minute you're kicking Murphy to the ground, and then the next, you're standing alongside him while he takes off the wristbands?"

   "Bellamy and I are not a team. We don't stand for the same things here. I wanted mine off— I wanted the Ark to believe that Magnolia Gray was dead. I wasn't doing it to prevent people from coming down. I'm sorry I made the mistake of trusting him— I don't anymore."

 "Hey, don't beat yourself up over it."

   "Wells, I might strongly dislike your father for the shit I went through my entire life, but that has nothing to do with you. Other people just need to realize that," Magnolia sighed as Wells stood up, leaving her alone with her thoughts. 

   It wasn't until she heard the scream of a girl that she got up and ran to everyone else, concerned as to what the commotion was about. Before her very eyes, Murphy was holding a girl above the fire. Was he a complete psychopath? Clearly

   "Bellamy!" he called out, "Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first."

   Wells was quick to push Murphy over so he'd let the girl free. "You can stop this," he turned towards Bellamy.

   "Stop this?" the boy inquired, a playful smirk spreading across his face. "I'm just getting started."

   Murphy recoiled, punching Wells, which began a whole fight. Naturally, the easygoing group immediately began chanting— it was the night prior all over again.

   Oh god— not another speech; Maggie would personally rip her eardrums out and stomp on them until she couldn't hear Bellamy's voice again if that was the case. 

   Wells huffed after leaving Murphy on the ground, "Don't you see you can't control this?" Bellamy looked at the ground, as if he were contemplating if he was doing the right thing or not, which would've been an easy answer for any person with a brain. Maybe he didn't have one. 

   Murphy's teeth gritted, a smug look on his face as he retaliated with a knife. "You're dead."

   Much to everyone's surprise, specifically Magnolia's, Bellamy made his way in between the two of them, holding out a hand in front of Murphy, a way of saying wait.