↬ | chapter fifteen

015.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"How'd you know it was Gustus?" Lincoln inquired, gazing into the flames just a few feet away.

"He'd do anything for her. To protect her. It just makes sense," Bellamy determined, glancing briefly from his sister to Magnolia.

Octavia glared up at the older sibling, her lips pursed together, "Look at the thanks he got."

"Thanks for trying to protect me. Here— let's throw a lil' bit of torture your way, and then plunge a sword into your stomach," Maggie gestured dramatically, throwing a stick into the fire with every accented word. Her wit had momentarily shone through, and it was enough to earn a synchronized scoff from the Blake siblings.

"Guys!" Raven called out, rushing over towards the group hurriedly. Clarke joined the group, leaving Lexa to her thoughts. "Listen to this!"

"Forty-six of us are trapped inside Mount Weather. They've taken Harper," a voice came through the opposite end of radio, and it didn't take a genius to figure out who it was.

Jasper.

"Talk to him. Say something," Clarke urged, her eyes widening at the discovery.

"We don't know how much time we have left."

"It's repeating," Raven shook her head, basically saying that they couldn't respond.

"Please hurry. Grayyou were right. This is Jasper Jordan." Maggie's heart constricted at the mention of her name. She had hoped that she was overthinking it all the entire time, but she hadn't been.

"They're alive!" Octavia's reaction is much more positive than everyone else's. If Maggie was right, that meant—

"We need to do this now," Bellamy commanded, more as an order than a request at that point. "We've got the alliance; now's the time to use it."

"We need help. She may already be dead."

"First we need people on the inside," Clarke abruptly spoke up, and the change of heart was enough to catch her friends off-guard. For a while, she had believed in the fact that an army would be the key; finally, she was getting on the same page as her peers. "You guys were right. Without someone on the inside to lower their defenses, turn off the acid fog— an army is useless."

"Thought you hated that plan," Bellamy countered, "That we would get ourselves killed."

Her eyes unmoving, she glanced back and forth between the two. "I was being weak. It's worth the risk," she decided, clearly not paying any mind to how she sounded. It was enough to make all of them shoot one another confused glares, but not a word was said about it. Did that really come out of her mouth? "My map of Mount Weather," Clarke handed the folded-up piece of paper to Maggie. "Find a way to get on that radio and talk to us. Good luck."

"Clarke, you're just gonna—" Magnolia began, only to be cut off by her marching away and not looking back, "Okay then. Great. Awesome. This map won't do shit, I've seen it before."