↬ | chapter nine

009.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   "Hey everybody, gather around, and grab a weapon!" Bellamy shouted as he made his way to the center of the camp, causing Maggie to stroll over; she had searched around the outside perimeter of the walls, but was met with desolation. "My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her."

   Magnolia made her way to the weapons that rested in a cloth, deciding on a spear. Now did she have any clue as to how to utilize it? Absolutely not. Hopefully she wouldn't have to use it. Her aim would be utterly embarrassing. 

   "Come on," Bellamy muttered to the girl as they made their way towards Clarke and Jasper. The sting of betrayal was still there like a hit from the electric baton, but she wasn't one to hold grudges— she forgave too easily. One of her bad qualities— Maggie shouldn't forgive the boy that easily. He hurt her. 

   Besides, his sister was in danger, and finding her was a priority, for both of them. 

   "—I need to do this," the tail end of Jasper's remark was caught by the two conversing as Bellamy and Maggie joined them. 

   "We need all the people we can get," the older Blake sibling agreed, his arms crossed with a straight face. Jasper nodded, and the bruised cut surrounding his eye exhibited itself under the orange glow of his torch. Octavia cared for him so he could stay alive, so returning the favor seemed appropriate, even if he was frightened to step far out of camp to do so. 

   "We need a tracker," Bellamy's attention shifted to Clarke, "Finn! Get out here."

   "Where's the cheater?" Maggie spoke in a hushed voice, just loud enough for her co-leaders to hear what she said. 

   "—Maggie," Clarke's head tilted.

   "Sorry," she groaned. 

   To say Magnolia was disappointed in Finn was an understatement. The two had actually become close for the duration of their time on Earth, having their mutual friend— and many stories to go along with her. Similarities were evident among them; Finn was the peacemaker, and Maggie believed a truce would always be better than losing a ton of people in war. 

   But ever since the disclosure that Raven and Finn never had actually broken up to begin with, she was furious. He downright lied to her face— Magnolia couldn't say she was surprised. No matter how many times something along those lines happened, it still stung when the weight was dropped on her. She couldn't bring herself to tell Raven though— that would definitely end awfully. 

   "Finn!" Bellamy shouted again from outside the tent he was in, "We're leaving!"

   "All right. I'm coming," Maggie heard him call out as she kept walking alongside Bellamy. 

   "Wait a second," she pressed a hand in front of the boy, stopping him from walking. "Look— up there."

   With eyes fixed above, the two took notice to the cobalt-colored sparkles that contrasted against the night sky. Everyone around let out gasps and comments about how beautiful it looked, but what was it?

   "They didn't work," Raven's voice stood out to Maggie amongst the others as she trudged up to the area. "They didn't see the flares."

   "A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy looked over confusedly.