↬ | chapter eight

008.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   "Are you sure you're up for this?" Bellamy inquired as the pair prepared to leave. Apparently, Raven had made some kind of discovery— something that was enough to make Abby station a trip out there. Maggie had kept the radio Dante had given her on her waistband 24/7; it didn't hurt to carry it around. Perhaps it was of no use that she knew of, but what was the difference?

   "Why the hell not?" Magnolia surmised, raising her hands in defense. Admittedly, her one arm did ache, and with the medication Abby had prescribed, it helped her heal, but not much when it came to soothing the pain. "Going back through woods I was almost killed in yesterday. Sign me up."

   Realistically, it was Finn's fault; the thought even crossed her mind, but the girl wouldn't dare to admit it out loud. Bellamy had been contemplating it too, but they were past it now. Or, at least pretended to be.

   Both of them left the living quarters, heading to meet up with everyone that was joining them at the front gate. God— hopefully Raven and Octavia were both among them; she wanted to reunite with them as soon as the opportunity struck.

   "We ready to go?" the younger Blake sibling asked, the approaching footsteps signaling her that everyone was there that was supposed to be. With a turn of her head, her eyes widened at the presence of one of her best friends. She practically hurled herself at the Gray girl, causing her to huff at the brute force against her laceration. "I heard you came in last night— my brother wouldn't let me see you."

   Maggie scoffed lightly, turning to the freckled boy, who's face seemed indifferent. "Probably for the best. I was a mess; I'm a lot better now."'

   "But you shouldn't be joining us," Abby intervened, placing a firm hand on the eighteen-year-olds shoulder. "You still need to—"

   "I need to join you; that's what I need to do," she corrected, her expression unmoving and fixed. "Besides— I'm an asset."

   "She's not lying, Mom," Clarke contributed, shooting a tiny smile her once co-leader's way. "Her and I— we're familiar with the land. More so than anybody else."

   "Nols!" a familiar voice called out, becoming louder as she got closer— Raven. "If anyone can get out of that place, of course it'd be you."

   Magnolia's eyes trailed down towards her sister's leg, which had a brace supporting it. That's when the memory was restored; Murphy had shot her. Knowing she was alive was great, but it would've been better if she was unscathed. "Come 'ere," the younger badass hugged Raven, her eyes twinkling with joy. "Okay— now, we can move out."

△▽△

   "There— I see it," Raven pointed out, using the binoculars to scope out the tower on top of the mountain. She handed it to Clarke so she could get a closer look. Due to it being so far away, Maggie couldn't see, even with her pathetic attempts at focusing her eyes in on the general area.

   Lowering the object from her eyes, the blonde's head turned to her mother and friends. "It'll be dark soon," she noted, "We'll never spot the traps. We should set up camp here. Leave at first light."

   Maggie scanned the area around her, and her and Abby seemingly had the exact same realization at the same time, resulting in the two making eye contact. Bellamy and Octavia were no longer with them— just great. "We're missing two! Where the hell are they?"

   "Find them— bring them back," the chancellor instructed, causing her men to obey her orders.

   "I'm going with them!" Finn announced, slinging the rifle over his shoulder unhesitatingly.