↬ | chapter eleven

tw: mentions of abuse + torture

011.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   Clarke stomped up to the chained-up Grounder without hesitation, holding the knife centimeters from his face threateningly. But by the looks of it, he was barely fazed. "What's on this?"

   "What are you talking about?" Bellamy inquired with curious, wide eyes. 

   "He poisoned the blade!" Clarke shot back as the bald, dark-skinned man remained emotionless— unbothered. "All this time, you knew Finn was gonna die, no matter what we did. What is it?" her voice raised angrily. "Is there an antidote?"

   "Clarke, he doesn't understand you," Octavia let out bluntly as the blonde breathed heavily. There had to be some way to heal him. 

   "Vials," Bellamy suddenly recalled, picking up a small case filled of tiny bottles, most likely that were in the man's possession when they captured him. "It's gotta be here."

   Clarke let the weapon clang against the floor as she took the mystery concoctions in her hands. Maggie stood alongside Octavia. "You'd have to be stupid to have poison around this long without an antidote. Which one?"

   "Answer the question!" Bellamy shouted harshly. 

   "Show us. Please," Octavia added, being nicer to the man that had apparently saved her life. What a great way to repay him.

   "Which one? Our friend is dying down there, and you can stop that!" Clarke began to plead, the more time passing, the more the poison was likely affecting Finn's system.

   Like expected, the group was met with only silence— this Grounder was going to be a tough one to crack. Maggie didn't want to picture what they'd need to do to do so. Bellamy stalked forward, "I'll get him to talk."

   Last minute, before Bellamy could hurt him any more then he'd already done, Octavia grasped onto his right wrist, but it only took a couple seconds for her older brother to free himself from the grip. "Bellamy, no!"

   "He wants Finn to die. Why can't you see that?" Bellamy replied angrily, turning to the Griffin girl. "Do you want him to live or not?"

   The three watched as Clarke eyed him up and down, and her face didn't seem to falter. "Clarke, you even said it yourself. This is not who we are! He was protecting me—he was saving my life!"

   "We're talking about Finn's life!" Bellamy rebutted, suddenly shifting his gaze to Maggie, who was quiet. Too quiet, especially for an opinionated girl like her. The girl only stared off at nothingness, her eyes raising when Bellamy finally mentioned her name asking for input. 

   "You were willing to let all those people die on the Ark. And you're willing to torture someone, who we don't even know can understand us, to save one," Magnolia maintained an unreadable expression— it wasn't what Bellamy was hoping she'd say. "Selfish."

   "You're willing to let Finn die?" Bellamy questioned. 

   "I'm not saying that!" she defended. Not only was she upset at him now, but she was also letting some of her built-up frustration for the boy out. "Just try each of the goddamn bottles for all I care! There's like— a twenty-five percent chance for god's sake! Whether you realize it or not, if he tells us, he's betraying his own people, Bellamy. You've got to at least understand that."