↬ | chapter twenty-one

021.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   Relief washed over the two girl's when Bellamy's voice eventually responded, claiming it was a misfire. What was going on in there was unknown to Maggie, but all she knew was his odds weren't good. He was in there, unarmed, and Murphy could've done anything to him at that point. After hearing the gunfire, the boy was revealed to have a firearm, and that only made things worse.

   The older Blake would give him smart-ass answers— that was definitely no secret. But if one of them happened to hit Murphy a certain way, or piss him off enough, Bellamy's damn head could be blown off. 

   Not even an exaggeration. 

   With every passing moment that went by, Magnolia and Octavia felt nauseous— sick to their stomachs. Bellamy could be dead, he could be getting tortured, or god only knows what else.

   "Raven needs to hurry," Gray seethed as her and the boy's sister crouched on the ground nervously. She didn't even realize how hard she had been biting down on her tongue and chewing on the inside of her mouth; the metallic taste of blood was beginning to become noticeable.

   Out of nowhere, there was another gunshot.

   "No," Octavia gasped— Bellamy's voice didn't come through the radio that time, saying how it was just another misfire. Tears rimmed her eyes, and Maggie tried to place a hand on her shoulder comfortingly, but it had been shaking to no end. She was just as anxious.

   Jasper came around from the side, and Magnolia let out a breath.

   "It'll open in a second," he clarified, which was enough to help the girls calm down a decent amount.

   But, like usual, that relief was short-lived. A few minutes later, a series of gunshots echoed from inside, causing Magnolia's breath to go shaky. 

   It really got her thinking in that brief amount of time. What the hell would she do without Bellamy? Seriously, what would happen if he was dead by the time they made it in there? It was bad enough that Clarke was gone— possibly even dead. What was Murphy's plan once he walked out of that drop ship? Everyone would be too scared to disobey Murphy after that— Maggie knew that for certain. Most likely, he'd kill everyone that stepped in his path. Maggie being first on that list— probably. 

   Snapping the fearful girl out of her thoughts, the hissing of the door made her head gaze up from the ground. "Raven— you did it!" Jasper called out to the girl, and Magnolia grinned to herself: that's my sister.

    Gray firmly held her weapon, leading the small group of gunners into the drop ship. Hopefully Murphy wouldn't shoot them.

   When she went past that piece of fabric, Maggie had no idea what to expect. But when she saw Bellamy's seemingly unresponsive body limply hanging from the first-level ceiling, her heart dropped to her knees. That image would never leave her brain— she had been almost sure of it.

   It became a blur after that. Many began working together to get their leader untied. With frantic movements, Bellamy's body was finally released. Magnolia, Jasper, and Octavia all held tightly onto him as he fell to the ground, panting for oxygen.

   "Bell, breathe," Octavia panted, her facial features not seeming as tense now that Bellamy's eyes were full of life, and his chest began to rise again.

   "Breathe. Can you breathe?"

   "I am going to kill him!" Maggie raged, pure animosity taking over her emotions, which was rather unusual for her to let out. And she was completely serious. The brunette climbed up the steps, going up to the second level of the drop ship.