↬ | chapter eight

008.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   "Maggie. Maggie," Octavia shook the girl, a smile so wide because of her badly-contained excitement. 

   Magnolia shifted around, a knot in the back of her neck from the position she had been sleeping in. "What?" she muttered groggily. 

   "Follow me! Come on!" she squealed and tugged on the girl's arm impulsively, completely forgetting about the bites that were just now closing up from the panther attack.

   From outside of her and Octavia's tent, the cheers of everyone were easy to distinguish. What was happening? It was the middle of the night— what the hell was so interesting? To the point where everybody couldn't wait until morning?

   Like young children, the two emerged from the tent as Octavia pointed up towards the inky canopy with sparsely-scattered stars. "Bellamy, get out here!"

   Maggie rubbed her eyes at the sight of what she saw, clarifying that it wasn't just her imagination. It was a pod, plunging down to the Earth. From the Ark? And if it was, what would they choose to send them? Hopefully food resources or medical supplies— something that the delinquents could greatly use to their abilities. 

   But, then again, knowing the selfish bastards up there, they'd give them absolutely nothing. 

   "They're coming to help us," Jones beamed, standing to the left of Magnolia. "Now we can kick some Grounder ass."

   "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo," Gray heard a female voice complain, and she scoffed under her breath. Some of these people were unbelievable. Longing for some rations was one thing, but unnecessary wants? They were surviving, not living a goddamn luxury.  

   Sometimes people were unbearable. Magnolia had absolutely no tolerance for the random girls around camp that did nothing but complain. Prissy and entitled— someone had to break it to them sooner or later that they were not anything special. 

   "I'm gonna get my shit ready to go," Maggie tapped Octavia's shoulder. 

   She made her way into the tent, grabbing the pair of black combat boots that had been kicked to the side a few hours ago. Sitting on the blanket that was itchy and uncomfortable, Magnolia laced her shoes. The hair tie on her left wrist came off, it leaving a red ring when she removed it. Adjusting her frizzed hair into a tight, low ponytail, she let out a content breath before rejoining with the younger Blake sibling. 

   "Apparently we aren't going until it's light out," Octavia mumbled in aggravation, leaving the tent as Bellamy walked away. 

   "Like hell we aren't," Maggie cursed, making her way towards the camp's gate. 

   "And where do you think you're going?" she felt a hand grip onto her shoulder. Magnolia spun around, coming into contact with the one and only— Bellamy Blake. 

   "Going to search for that pod, that's what," Gray stated matter-of-factly; it was quite obvious in actuality. "Was that meant to be rhetorical?"

   "That would be a solid no. Go to bed, we'll find it in the morning," he instructed, and Maggie pursed her lips and exhaled dramatically— back to Bellamy dickhead Blake. 

   "In case you forgot, I'm in charge here too. And if I wanna go out, I'm allowed."

   "I offered you that position," Bellamy reminded her. "I said no."