↬ | chapter seventeen

017.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   Magnolia did the honors of holding the drop ship curtain as yet another one died from the sickness Murphy brought back to camp. Her and Clarke stood next to one another with blank stares— how many more lives were going to be taken before they found some kind of cure, or everyone healed from it at the very least?

   "Sucks being in charge of this shitshow, huh?" the girl quietly whispered to the blonde, noticing her jaw clench, agreeing completely. 

   Bellamy took a step forward, eyeing all of the delinquents who were watching the body get carried out like it was a goddamn drive-in movie. "All right. Show is over. Go back to your posts." Everyone began to disperse as the non-infected leader shifted his gaze to the two girls. "You got enough food in there— water?"

   "Yeah," Clarke let out, "Some medicine might be nice."

   "Some drugs to knock us out long enough for it to get out of our systems," Gray corrected. 

   A wide smile peeked at the Blake boy's lips as he looked his feet. "I'll see what I can do." With a shared drained glance at one another, Clarke and Maggie began to walk back into the drop ship quarantine. "Octavia— you okay?"

   That was enough to make the two teenagers stop dead in their tracks. Despite the timing being awful, as Bellamy shook his head at his sister's lack of response, Maggie slipped out a witty comment. "Shhh! She's taking a nap, Bellamy!"

   Gray instantly bit her bottom lip in regret, while Clarke gave her a disapproving look and lightly shoved her. "Bellamy— wait. She's not here. We sent her to see Lincoln. Look— if there's a cure, he has it. We didn't tell you because you wouldn't let her go."

   "If anything happens to her, us three are gonna have some problems," he turned on his heel with a nasty expression. 

   Maggie couldn't help but think: what was the difference, really? Octavia snuck out to see the Grounder all the time— was her big brother that clueless?

   "Bellamy— Bellamy!" Clarke huffed as he made his way towards the gate, seemingly going on a quest to 'save' the younger Blake. As if it was necessary. 

   "Out of my way," he ordered, but when the boy he spoke too turned around, his eyes were bloodshot and dripping blood. It looked like some kind of horror film. 

   "Dude— your eyes," one of the delinquents said. 

   "Nobody touch him!" another shouted as multiple of them held guns the boy's way. 

   "Get to the drop ship— now!" Bellamy commanded sternly.

   As if that wasn't enough, more chaos erupted— others began to get sick, and some were tempted just to kill those individuals on the spot before it got worse. 

   Per usual Magnolia Gray fashion, she definitely wanted to scream at the top of her lungs, threatening for everyone to calm down, but she couldn't. People wouldn't obey, especially with knowing that she was infected. Besides which, her throat felt raw and dry.

  With a knowing glare exchanged, Clarke ventured into the drop ship for a gun, knowing that would be useful to get the hundred's attention. 

   The Griffin girl fired three shots into the air, making all of them instantly turn their heads, a few shrieking. "This is exactly what the Grounders want," she spoke, seeming absolutely exhausted. "Don't you see that? They don't have to kill us if we kill each other first."