↬ | chapter four

004.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   Magnolia opened her eyes, a sharp pain shooting through her arms, making her wince as she felt herself move. She lifted her head, taking notice of the mop of messy black hair carrying her in his arms.

   "Bellamy?" she let out a hoarse whisper, her throat dry and in desperate need of water.

   He let out a mere nod, persisting through the woods without a word. "Hey, thanks for carrying me— you can let me go now," Maggie was tempted to itch at her forearms, but ultimately decided against it, knowing that her filthy hands would only make the damage worse and lead to infection.

   Bellamy let the girl venture off on her own, so she used to opportunity to catch up with Clarke. "How's Jasper?"

   "Fading in and out of consciousness. He needs treatment," the blonde answered, "How are you?"

   "Oh me?" Maggie asked with a dry chuckle, adjusting one of the bandages on her arm that were moving around, revealing some of her raw flesh. "Fine. Nothing I can't handle. Thanks for patching me up."

   Clarke sent her a considerate smile. "Bellamy helped. But hey, it's the absolute least I could do for you, Maggie. You know?"

   The thing was, Maggie didn't know. Why was Clarke Griffin apologizing to her? What was there to even apologize for? If anything, it should've been the other way around. Gray had told her that she'd keep the camp under control while she was gone. However, it turned chaotic instead. "I don't get what you mean."

   "Maggie, I feel like you should know something, as much as I don't want to tell you," Clarke fiddled with her fingers. "I'm the reason you were arrested."

   Magnolia shook her head, "Clarke—"

   "No," she stopped her abruptly, "I saw you stealing in the corridors, and I reported you to my parents who sent guards. It's my fault you've been locked in a cell for years; it's my fault that you're here."

   "Listen," Maggie rested a forgiving hand on her shoulder. As surprised as she was, she wasn't pissed or resentful. Not in the slightest. "It's nobody's fault I got caught except for my own, Clarke. I'm the one who stole for years, and the one who stole toxins that day to poison my pa— forget it. You get the point."

   The Griffin girl wanted to interrogate her further despite knowing it was rude to ask, especially after Magnolia had forgiven her for the thing she had remorse for. "Why though? I mean, why would you forgive me that easily? You were in a cell for years more than I was— all because of me."

   "You did me a favor whether you know it or not, Griffin. Saved me from a lot of bullshit," Maggie revealed, which was something she had never done before. But for some odd reason, she knew she could trust the girl. "That's why I took my wristband off. So they thought I was dead. I could go off on my own, leave my life on the Ark in the past. Make Magnolia Gray no longer exist. I didn't mean for it to turn into this."

   "It's okay Maggie. We can't trust him just yet. He just can't seem to make the right choices," Clarke slyly referred to Bellamy Blake, and Maggie was on the exact same page. That was the confirmation she needed to know that Clarke and her were a good alliance.

△▽△

   "He's alive," Clarke told Monty, who was relieved as ever. Magnolia could only imagine how he felt; if something like that happened to Raven, the girl would definitely be losing her cool. "I need boiled water and strips of cloth for bandage."