↬ | chapter seven

007.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

   "We have to get her to medical, Bellamy," the chancellor proceeded to walk, and the boy did the same. He wasn't gonna be easy to get rid of—not until he was positive Maggie Gray was alive and somewhat-okay. "We don't have much time."

   Desperation rose in his tone as the two continued through the corridors, not wasting a second. There was no way he was losing her a second time around— it already happened once. And once was one time too many for Bellamy Blake. "I'm not leaving her, Abby. I need to know she's okay."

   "You better not get in the way, then," she commented as the gunners placed her on a surgical table. Finn and Clarke were then in the room as well, worry written all over their faces.

   By that point, the chaos had settled down for just a moment. That was until Maggie began to seize. "Jackson! Jackson! We need to get an I.V in her! Insulin, antibiotics! Be ready to insert them as soon as she stops!"

   "Got it," he confirmed, grabbing all of the materials needed to do so.

   Her three friends stood off to the side, and it was blatantly obvious that they were all jittery. None of them knew even remotely what she had been through, and it wasn't like they could question her about it. All they could see was the blood and dirt layering her uneasily-pale skin.

   "Why are you standing around— you have to help her!" Finn waved his arms around frantically, but Abby shook her head.

   "No, there's nothing you can do until—" the middle-aged woman started, and in the middle of her remark, Maggie's body stopped moving. "She's still."

   "She won't stop shivering. Septic?" Clarke proposed the idea, and her mother stiffly nodded in return. "Early on— hopefully. Shouldn't be too difficult to help her."

   After flipping the eighteen-year-old back onto her back, Abby used a damp gauze pad to disinfect the area of her arm the needles would prod into, and Jackson took control, tapping for a vein and slipping the needle inside. On the opposite side, she then slipped Magnolia's one arm out of the cotton t-shirt's sleeve; then she could treat the actual stab wound.

   As the gory gash was revealed, they all scrunched their faces in downright disgust. How long ago was the injury from? Continuing the procedure, Eric Jackson disinfected the cut, even though it was already full of dirt and infection. That was probably what lead her to the state she was in in the first place.

   "Does she have family that you can contact?" Jackson glanced up towards the kids, only for them to all shake their heads.

   Bellamy gulped, arms crossed. "Her parents both died in the Exodus Ship crash."

   "Are you sure?"

   "Yup," the curly-haired boy was quick to respond. "She found her mom with her limbs taken off underneath a pile of rubble. I saw her; dead as dead can be."

   Abby's brow furrowed at Bellamy's answer, "I'm not sure that's right—"

   Abruptly, the harsh wince of the wounded leader caused everyone in the room to dart their eyes towards her, and for Abby to stop her sentence short. Gray tried lifting her arm, only to find wires and tubes coming out from it. Where the hell was she?

   "Don't tell me I'm back in Mount Weather," Maggie groaned hoarsely, seeing nothing but the ceiling due to her positioning. It was bright— was she back at her starting point? Was all of that for nothing?