Chapter 57: Pleasant Morning

Cass was the first to wake up finding her bare body pressed up against Caleb's as she held his arm in place around her. As she watches Caleb sleep peacefully for the first time in over a week, Cass gently moves her right hand from his arm and softly caresses her boyfriend's cheek. As Caleb starts to stir Cass moves her hand from his cheek to the back of his head entangling her fingers in his hair. He then opens his eyes and gives Cass a quick soft kiss on the forehead.

"Hi." Cass says smiling as she finds a chain going around Caleb's neck.

"Hey." Caleb replies softly as Cass pulls on the chain to find a small bronze owl talon connected to the chain by a small metal ring.

" Caleb replies softly as Cass pulls on the chain to find a small bronze owl talon connected to the chain by a small metal ring

"This new?" Cass asks, holding the necklace in her hand, having not seen it before.

"No, it's normally just tucked into my shirt." he tells her.

"How long?" she asks.

"My dad gave it to me when I turned 8." Caleb tells Cass, still holding her in his arms.

"My, my d...dad ma...make me..." Cass starts before she's interrupted.

"I know Cass, I know. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Caleb says cutting her off. Cass just nods to him before placing the owl talon necklace down on Caleb's chest as she slips out of his arms and out of bed. "Where are you going?" Caleb asks, turning over to lay on his back.

"Get food. I hungry." Cass tells him, walking to the door.

"Can we stay in bed for like 10 more minutes?" Caleb asks, not wanting to get up.

"Get food first." Cass says, turning back around to face Caleb as he starts getting out of the bad they were in.

"Fine, but you should probably at least put a shirt on first." Caleb tells her as he pulls on a pair of sweatpants.

"Why?" Cass asks.

"Oh, just do it." Caleb says with a bit of a laugh as he throws his red T-shirt from last night at her.

"Humph." is the only sound Cass makes before pulling the shirt over her head as Caleb pulls a black zip up hoodie out of a drawer. The couple then exits the room and walks towards the kitchen in Wayne Manor after Caleb zips up the hoodie to about half way. 

Once they walk into the kitchen Caleb grabs a bowl out of a cupboard and pours himself some cereal as Cass makes a couple pieces of toast. They then proceed to eat in a comfortable silence before heading back up to Cass' room.

As they walk in Caleb goes straight to her bed taking a seat on the edge of it as Cass stays by the door.

"Why? Why rest now?" Cass asks just above a whisper.

"What?" Caleb asks jokingly before continuing "I've realized I'm a bit of an idiot and should probably start listening to people when they tell me I need to rest."

"Good." Cass tells him as a smile forms on her face.

"So, you just going to stand there or are you going to join me?" Caleb asks as he lies back on the bed. Cass just smiles wider before walking over to the bed and cuddling up next to her boyfriend.

"What about Court?" Cass mumbles out slowly looking up at Caleb.

"We'll deal with them later, and also I don't think Dick will let me out until I get some rest so that's what I'm doing." Caleb tells her, causing Cass to nod into his chest. Caleb then pulls Cass slightly closer to him as he plants a soft kiss on her forehead before closing his eyes and trying to get some more sleep.