Chapter 38: Underwing (part 5)

"Seems like this should be easy enough." Caleb says as he and Nightwing face off with Killer Moth and firefly.

"You think this will be easy?" Killer Moth asks.

"Weren't you two the first ones caught after the breakout like a week or two ago?" Nightwing replies.

"Prepare to burn!!" Firefly yells as he shouts fire from his wrist. Redwing and Nightwing roll out of the way of the fire as Nightwing pulls out one of his escrima sticks and throws it at Firefly. The escrima stick hits him in the face cousin Firefly to lose balance and lose altitude before regaining his balance and flying up above everyone again. Redwing then runs at Killer Moth while pulling out his billy club. Killer Moth then points his gun at Caleb and shouts a sticky substance at him which Redwing dodges and the substance gets stuck to the wall behind him. Redwing then throws his billy club hitting Killer Moth in the face before Caleb jumps and Knees him in the face. Nightwing then throws his remaining escrima stick hitting Firefly's jetpack breaking it causing him to fall to the ground. Caleb then reaches back for his sword and realizes it's not there so he kicks Killer Moth in the stomach causing him to hunch over giving Redwing an opportunity to elbow him in the back of the head knocking him to the ground. Nightwing then runs over to where Firefly is getting up and jumps to spin kick him in the face knocking Firefly to the ground again. Dick and Caleb then pick up their gear and tie up Killer Moth and Firefly to make sure they don't get away.

"As you said easy enough." Nightwing says to Redwing as the two walk over to the Ace chemicals workers who had been taken hostage.

"And you were worried about me." Caleb responds.

"Hey you had a sword stabbed through you last night." Dick says.

"Fair." Caleb says as they reach the hostages and go to untie them. "What is this stuff?" Caleb asks as they find the hostages' hand bound together by a cocoon like substance.

"Killer Moth's gun shoots this stuff." Nightwing tells him. "Everyone thinks it's weird." Nightwing adds. 

Caleb then reaches into his belt to pull out a knife but only finds round throwing star-like objects. "What are these?" Caleb asks, holding one of them up to Nightwing.

(A/N) sorry for the bad image but I couldn't find a good one so I had to quickly draw this on my computer

-S.L.

"They're wingdings." Nightwing responds.

"What are wingdings?" Caleb asks while using one to cut through what is holding the hostages hands together.

"They're my version of batarangs." Nightwing tells Caleb as he does the same to free the hostages.

Once the hostages are freed they run out of the building to the police pulling up in front of ace chemicals. Nightwing and Redwing then exit the building to the police running up to them and one of the officers asks "what happened here is everything under control?"

"Killer Moth and Firefly are tied up inside if you wouldn't mind arresting them." Nightwing says.

"On it." another officer says as four police officers run inside to arrest them.

"Now what, back to the bunker or the streets?" Caleb asks.

"Probably the bunker but there's one more person to talk to before we leave." Nightwing says as they walk over to Harvey Bullock standing beside the Batmobile.