Chapter 24: Sidekicked

Once Redwing, Orphan, Spoiler and Nightwing got back to the bunker under Wayne tower they parked their bikes and gathered near the computer to discuss anything they had learned that night. As they were talking they had the news playing on one of the monitors in case anything came up that they had to deal with.

After a while Caleb had started to tune out of the conversation because they hadn't actually learned anything, he instead was listening to the news. As he listened to the news it was nothing of importance until "In other news notorious mobster Blackmask tried to rob Gotham City Bank. His men were thwarted by Nightwing and a new figure on the scene who appears to be working closely with Nightwing. This leaves many wondering has Nightwing finally gotten a sidekick of his own?"

"Damn it!" Caleb yelled surprising the others.

"What wrong?" Cass asked him. Caleb didn't respond, instead he just rewound the news broadcast. Caleb then played the news broadcast covering him and Nightwing again for the others.

"So what, people are wondering if you're Nightwing's sidekick, what's the big deal?" Stephanie asked. In response Caleb just glared at her annoyed.

"Hey at least you're not Batman's newest sidekick." Nightwing said.

"Not the point." Caleb responded.

"Then what is?" Nightwing asked.

"I've managed to avoid the press for over a year where no one knew I existed, and now on our second night out I make the news." Caleb told them.

"What wrong with making news?" Cass asked.

"The Court." is all Caleb said in response.

"What do you mean the court?" Stephanie asked.

"The Court of Owls will now know I'm out there and it won't be hard for them to figure out I'm after them." Caleb told them.

"How would they know that? What we did tonight had nothing to do with them." Nightwing asked.

"Maybe not but my suit is my dad's old talon costume with a few changes. How hard will it be for them to figure that out." Caleb responded.

"That new suit is still available." Nightwing said.

"I'm not giving them another reason to think I'm your sidekick." Caleb told him.

"Fine but that's your choice." Nightwing told him.

"Quick question, can i be your sidekick?" Stephanie asked Nightwing.

"Do you want to move to Bludhaven when this is done?" Nightwing asked her in response.

"I think that's a deal breaker." Stephanie responded.

Cass then walked over to Caleb to put a hand on his shoulder and say "it ok. will find them soon."

Caleb then put his hand on top of her hand and said "thanks."

"Wait a gosh darn second! What is going on here." Nightwing said.

"You see it too?" Stephanie asked him.

"Trained by the world's greatest detective so yes I see it." Nightwing said. "It's also kind of obvious." Nightwing continued.

"I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks so." Stephanie told him.

"What are you two talking about?" Caleb asked them.