Chapter 34: Underwing

The last thing Caleb can remember is Cass stabbing him as he wakes up to the sun beaming through his window. He then realized that he wasn't in his costume and he was covered in bandages and there was a pain in his stomach. Caleb then looked around his room to see if he could find any hint as to who brought him back here but he found nothing. The weirder thing was that who ever patched him up knew exactly where and how Caleb stored his gear. He then noticed that his father's costume black and red leather jacket rested on the back of his desk chair. Caleb then walked over to the chair and picked up the jacket and thought 'Cass was this you or am I dead?' Caleb then tossed the jacket on to his bed as he got dressed for the day. He then went to get some breakfast, before leaving the apartment Caleb put on his dad's jacket and left for the day. 

As Caleb walked down the street he couldn't help the feeling that he was being followed. "RIVERS!" Caleb heard someone call out from behind him causing him to lower his head and walk quickly to the alley ahead of him. "CALEB RIVERS!" he heard them call out again as he ducked into the alley catching a glance at who was following him. "Caleb we need to talk!" they called out again as they walked past the alley Caleb was in.

   Caleb then grabbed their shoulder pulling them into the alley while grabbing the knife in his sock

Caleb then grabbed their shoulder pulling them into the alley while grabbing the knife in his sock. Caleb then pinned them to a wall while holding the knife to their throat. "Who are you and why are you looking for me?" Caleb growled at the man.

"Can you remove the knife from my throat so we can talk normally?" the man asked Caleb.

"Who are you?" Caleb asked again not lowering the knife.

"Calm down kid I'm not with the Court of Owls." he said.

"How do I know that?" Caleb growled at him.

"Calm down littlewing it's me bigwing we fought the court together." they responded.

It then clicked in Caleb's head that this was, "Nightwing?" he said, slightly confused, lowering the knife.

"Ya but let's just keep that between us we don't want the whole world to find out." Nightwing said. "Oh and call me Dick." he continued.

"Ha really?" Caleb asked.

"What I don't make fun of your name Caleb." he responded.

"Ok dick." Caleb said.

"Very original." Dick responded.

Caleb then put his knife away as he aske "so what do you want?"

"We need to talk." Dick told him.

"About?" Caleb asked.

"You're killing people, we can't let you keep doing that." he responded.

"To be fair they're not dead when I leave so it's not my problem if some scumbag bleeds out." Caleb says to him.

"It is your problem if they bleed out. You are responsible for the people you kill and Batman wants us to bring you in but I got him to let us try to talk to you first." Dick tells Caleb.

"How many people have I killed?" Caleb asks.

"So far none besides the grandmaster of the court but there were a couple close calls." Dick says.

"So what's the problem?!" Caleb asks. 

(A/N) This is another thank you, this time its for getting this book to over 500 reads, more than 30 chapter and over 50 pages so thank you to every one reading this. This started out as something I was writing for fun and then I shared it with a friend of mine and they told me to post it some where so I did, so shoutout to them, you know who you are.

Now for are current rankings we are #47 in Stephanie brown, #40 in Spoiler, #38 in Talon, #32 in Batfamily and #2 in Blackbat holly fuck! 

So again thank you for getting us here 

-Harrison