Chapter 9: The Threat

(A/N) happy Batman day I guess DC is celebrating today even though Batman day is technically on Monday. so my Batman day chapter is coming out on Monday. 

-S.L.

It's been a day since Caleb helped save Batman and he was at home having dinner with his mother. Christi was in the kitchen doing the dishes while Caleb took a quick nap before he headed out for the night when there was a knock on the door. Caleb hadn't fallen asleep yet so he listened in on the conversation from his room. Christi had opened the door after drying her hands to find a man in a suit and tie.

   "Hi I'm Bruce Wayne

"Hi I'm Bruce Wayne. Is Caleb Millz home?" the man asked.

"No he's not home right now but I'm his mother. Has he done something wrong?" Christi asked him.

"Do you know what your son does at night?" Bruce asked her.

"I don't know what you're talking about but I have a feeling you're going to tell me." Christi told him protecting her son's secret mission.

"I think you know exactly what I'm talking about and he needs to stop now or he or someone close to him could get seriously injured or killed." Bruce told her.

"1 I have no idea what you're talking about and 2 don't come to my door and threaten my son!" Christi told him getting angry and slamming the door in his face.

After the door was slammed shut Caleb came out of his room and asked "who the hell was that?"

"That was Bruce Wayne, is he a member of the court?" Christi asked her son in return.

"I've had my suspicions but I could never get any actual proof that he was." he told his mother. "I must have been too close to finding them for the court to finally send someone after me." Caleb continued.

"Ok so it's the Court of Owls they run Gotham what do we do now?" Christi asked her son.

"Now I lay off them for a bit and let them think I've stopped my search. Other then that I'm not going out tonight to make sure the court doesn't send anyone else by.'' Caleb told her.

It had been a few hours since Bruce Wayne showed up at the door and Christi had gone to sleep but Caleb was still wide awake. He was sitting on the arm rest of the couch in the living room of the apartment while clutching the silver owl talon necklace he wore and flipping one of his throwing knives in the other.

He then heard a knock on a window coming from his room. He grabbed the knife he was flipping and tucking his necklace back into his shirt and went to his room to see what the knocking was. When he got to his window he opened it and prepared for a fight.

To his surprise all he saw was Orphan standing on the fire escape who said "Hi."

"Um. Hi." Caleb replied, relaxing a bit.

"Why you no come out tonight?" Cass asked him.

"Ya sorry about that but the court sent someone here earlier to threaten me to stop looking for them." Caleb told her.

"Oh. who they send?" Cass asked him.

"They sent Bruce Wayne." he told her.

"Bruce Wayne doesn't work for the court of owls." they heard a surprised yet cheerful voice say from above the two.